Western 2019-2020 Application Cycle

19 hours ago, mlprepa said:

Hi everyone!

I submitted my secondary application earlier today and when opening up the prerequisite and repeated coursework worksheets again, they were blank. I uploaded them in the secondary application though. Did anyone else come across this?

Yes same thing happened to me too! I just assumed that the ones that show up blank are just for our reference because I uploaded 3 sheets of repeated coursework and the blank ones only show one sheet 

Hey y’all! Did anyone get an interview invite yet? 

Also, did anyone have issues with transcripts from last spring or summer being updated? I’ve been freaking out because the admissions coordinator emailed me saying I had like a week before the deadline to get my transcripts in and update my classes to being finished as opposed to “in progress”. Luckily he gave me an extension, but I was worried it means this whole time my application has been thrown to the side as incomplete even though I submitted mid July 

On 9/5/2019 at 5:30 PM, ChristineAndersonPrePA said:

Hey y’all! Did anyone get an interview invite yet? 

Also, did anyone have issues with transcripts from last spring or summer being updated? I’ve been freaking out because the admissions coordinator emailed me saying I had like a week before the deadline to get my transcripts in and update my classes to being finished as opposed to “in progress”. Luckily he gave me an extension, but I was worried it means this whole time my application has been thrown to the side as incomplete even though I submitted mid July 

Hi! 

I had a similar issue. I received an e-mail saying that they needed my summer grades in order to move forward. I had to hustle to get my transcript in by September 1st. I was a little caught off guard because their website says you can have 1 or 2 outstanding classes at the time of submission, but the counselor informed me that was only for classes in the fall/spring before matriculation. Anyways, once I submitted my transcripts to CASPA and updated my application, I got an e-mail from Western saying that my application was complete and moving forward. I'm guessing that means I was on some sort of hold until they received the updated transcript? Who knows! I hope it all worked out for you! Good luck 🙂 

Hey everyone, got my interview invite this morning. I need some advice... I am in a really tough semester right now and really would benefit from interviewing in January so I had more free time to prepare. Does anyone know if it’s more beneficial to interview as soon as possible? Like maybe the select people on a rolling basis but then just don’t inform anyone until March...

50 minutes ago, ChristineAndersonPrePA said:

Hey everyone, got my interview invite this morning. I need some advice... I am in a really tough semester right now and really would benefit from interviewing in January so I had more free time to prepare. Does anyone know if it’s more beneficial to interview as soon as possible? Like maybe the select people on a rolling basis but then just don’t inform anyone until March...

To be honest, you never know. A pa I worked with interviewed at western in March and got her acceptance a week later lol! 

3 hours ago, ChristineAndersonPrePA said:

Hi! I don't know from personal experience here, but when I went to the information session earlier this year they said that they do not do rolling admissions. But again who knows???! Good luck with your semester and congrats on the interview!!!

2 hours ago, jackieofuturepa said:

To anyone who got an interview today: when did you submit?

I submitted approx July 15, verified shortly after, but didn’t get the email that my application was actually ready for review by admissions until September 9, because I made a mistake and didn’t update my spring transcripts until end of August. 

3 hours ago, bk5991 said:

To be honest, you never know. A pa I worked with interviewed at western in March and got her acceptance a week later lol! 

Yeah I heard they don’t tell anyone until late March so maybe it should be okay to do that... I will do much better at a later interview date and I think that’s more important In this case...