Western 2019-2020 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, desertdweller said:

Hi everyone!

I applied to Western in August, and I haven't heard anything back(yes (for interview) or no). Yesterday some of my colleagues received a rejection letter, and we all applied around the same time and for the most part have the same GPAs. Has any of this happened to you before?

I haven't heard anything back either on anything. I was told they are still doing interviews through March. So keep your fingers crossed!

On 2/27/2020 at 10:50 AM, msfuturepa said:

For the MMI (multiple mini interviews), I read online that we are given 2 mins to read the prompt, but are we allowed to brainstorm using a pen and paper during this time? 

It is not traditional MMI; you will have 4 mini interviews; you get asked usually 1 question (could be two that piggy back off each other), you get 6 minutes in each room (you can take up all 6 min or get up early) don't feel discouraged if you get up early just make sure you say all you want to say. Be honest, don't ramble (you wont leave the interviewer with a memorable interaction), and be yourself. You can take a second to think about the question (its your time) but be confident. & good luck! 

- current western PA student 

• Like 3