2019-2020 Applicants

On 9/20/2019 at 3:01 PM, AnaDilsia said:

What? If you find more info, you don't mind sharing? I applied for a masters not a PhD. I still haven't heard anything from the school and I couldn't find more info. 

I am a first year student at U of L and can help answer any questions you may have. First off, as you will learn on the interview day from Dr. Welsh, the doctoral program is very beneficial and is setting PAs up for future independence and success. It is a 9 month fellowship and you are working while taking this course work so you can earn money. Secondly, you do sign up to take the doctoral program if you come here (as our class is the first one for them to require it), BUT as Dr. Welsh said in the interview day, if a life-altering situation happened and you need to starting working ASAP you don't have to take it, but it really would be a disadvantage for your long-term career if you don't participate in it. The interview day will help spread more light on this once you hear from him.  I hope this helps and feel free to ask me any questions you might have. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/11/2019 at 1:45 PM, Buse1629 said:

Hey guys has anyone heard back from them after submitting their supplemental application? I submitted mine on June 20th and later I just got an email saying they received it but haven't heard back since. I was wondering if anyone has been invited for an interview yet? 

I submitted my supplemental a month ago and still haven't heard from the program. How long did it take the school to get back to you? I got a receipt that the package was delivered and the school deposited my check. Getting a bit anxious 😩 

2 minutes ago, AnaDilsia said:

I submitted my supplemental a month ago and still haven't heard from the program. How long did it take the school to get back to you? I got a receipt that the package was delivered and the school deposited my check. Getting a bit anxious 😩 

I applied around mid July, received supplemental to fill out on 7/29/19, mailed it almost 2 weeks later, received confirmation they had received it on 8/23/19 and then received an interview invite on 9/19/19 for the Oct 11 interview. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2019 at 11:40 AM, Curlygirl said:

Just got a call a little bit ago that I was accepted!!

Congratulations! I was at the Oct. 11 interview too! I know they really want us to give a response as soon as possible, but I'm still waiting for some more programs. Did you accept the offer?

On 10/30/2019 at 7:37 PM, Holly1483 said:

Hey everyone!

Does anyone know if Lynchburg College is rolling admissions? What was the supplemental fee? I am debating on applying since it's so late in the game, but someone said they interview until March ish.

Good luck everyone,

Lauren 

It is rolling. I think the supplemental fee was $50 and there was a one page essay. 

• 3 weeks later...

I submitted my supplemental application on September 17th (I think). I never received an email that it was verified so I emailed the program last Thursday. Friday morning, 11/15, I received an email inviting me to the interview on 12/16. The email requested a reply by 11/20, so I'm not sure what happened with my application. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...