Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, OneDown24ToGo said:

I received and returned my supplemental application. Has anyone else heard back after returning their supplemental application?

I haven't heard a thing from them since I submitted my application. When did you submit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope haven’t heard anything since I submit my supplemental application.  I received supplemental June 14. Submitted my application may 31.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys has anyone heard back from them after submitting their supplemental application? I submitted mine on June 20th and later I just got an email saying they received it but haven't heard back since. I was wondering if anyone has been invited for an interview yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long after submitting supplemental applications did people receive an email that their supplemental arrived?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 4:51 PM, pa1919 said:

How long after submitting supplemental applications did people receive an email that their supplemental arrived?

I think mine took about 3 weeks after I submitted it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree I haven't heard anything besides a confirmation email that they had received my supplemental application and that it may take about 45 days to hear anything more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received an invitation for October 11 interview yesterday. What does everyone think about the Doctor of Medical Science program?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 8:25 PM, mhankins26 said:

I received an interview for October 11!

Congrats! Same here! What do you think about the Doctor of Medical Science program? I've been doing some research on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kept sending emails to pa@lynchburg.edu asking about any updates but no one has been responding. Do you guys know if there is an email besides that one I can use to contact them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caspa verified on 8/19 and I received my supplemental today. Feeling a little behind since people have been getting interviews

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2019 at 2:44 PM, mnn804 said:

I received an invitation for October 11 interview yesterday. What does everyone think about the Doctor of Medical Science program?

I just received an invite for that day too! I actually wasn’t aware that an acceptance into the masters program would also mean a commitment to enroll in the doctor of medical science program (as the interview invite stated.) Does anyone know if that is absolutely a requirement? The email today was the first time I’ve ever even seen that, and I feel like I’ve basically memorized the entire pa program website. Do you know more about this requirement/where I can read more about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 10:31 PM, jclark10 said:

I just received an invite for that day too! I actually wasn’t aware that an acceptance into the masters program would also mean a commitment to enroll in the doctor of medical science program (as the interview invite stated.) Does anyone know if that is absolutely a requirement? The email today was the first time I’ve ever even seen that, and I feel like I’ve basically memorized the entire pa program website. Do you know more about this requirement/where I can read more about it?

I wasn't aware either! Under the School of PA Medicine tab on their website, there's a tab for Doctor of Medical Science program; however, it doesn't state any obligatory relation between the two degrees. On the other hand, the email does sound like it is a requirement using words like "explicit commitment." I asked a practicing PA and she said maybe the program is trying to compete with doctorate programs for NPs. I think since DMSc is a fairly new program, making it a requirement for PA students would help with enrollment. From my research, it seems like having the DMSc doesn't change how PAs practice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard anything recently? I submitted my supplemental around mid august and received confirmation they had received it on Aug 23. I know they said 45 days usually, but had anyone heard anything sooner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, EmergencyPA said:

Has anyone heard anything recently? I submitted my supplemental around mid august and received confirmation they had received it on Aug 23. I know they said 45 days usually, but had anyone heard anything sooner?

I submitted my supplemental mid-end of July, got a confirmation on Aug 22 and an interview invite on Aug 29 for Oct 11. No news seems like good news in these situations. Have hope! Best of luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 12:20 PM, EmergencyPA said:

Has anyone heard anything recently? I submitted my supplemental around mid august and received confirmation they had received it on Aug 23. I know they said 45 days usually, but had anyone heard anything sooner?

I received my conformation email on July 22 and still haven't heard anything either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received an invite for the Oct 11th day! Is this the first interview day they’ve offered so far? I was also not aware that it is a requirement  to be enrolled in both the doctorate and masters programs. I need to think more clearly about it and do more research. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received an interview invite as well, however after reading about the required doctorate after the masters, I will likely be turning it down. I have already had interviews at my top 3 schools, and I think it’s ridiculous that they would require this and not mention it anywhere on the website- personally I see it as a waste of my $100+ application, as I have no intention or need to get my doctorate after my masters. I hope for the programs sake they don’t lose more applicants such as myself because of this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dottie7 said:

I received an interview invite as well, however after reading about the required doctorate after the masters, I will likely be turning it down. I have already had interviews at my top 3 schools, and I think it’s ridiculous that they would require this and not mention it anywhere on the website- personally I see it as a waste of my $100+ application, as I have no intention or need to get my doctorate after my masters. I hope for the programs sake they don’t lose more applicants such as myself because of this!

I’m worried that it’s going to be even more debt but no significant pay increase once I become a PA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I’m worried that it’s going to be even more debt but no significant pay increase once I become a PA. 

Exactly. Unless you’re going into teaching, there is currently no pay difference. If I decide when the time comes I’d like extra training for more money, I’ll just do a residency instead of sending myself further into debt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More