ISU 2019-2020 Application Cycle

On 9/5/2019 at 2:04 PM, mbartausky11 said:

Those are two separate emails 🙂 I received the "please allow at least 3 weeks for this review process" email on 7/10, and then the official interview invite on 8/27. The official interview invite email states that you will be called to set up an interview date, and that interviews will run between October and February. Hope that helps!

To those who have received the official interview invite email, has anyone been called yet? I'm nervous about somehow missing the call, but I also don't want to contact the program quite yet as I know they are super busy this time of year.

Congrats on the invite! I received a call this past Thursday and scheduled my interview for October 3rd

Edited by katzjos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, geedle said:

For those that received the email to interview, did you need to complete the "online admissions course" prior to receiving the call to schedule? I received the interview email on Sept 5, but still haven't been called to schedule the interview yet...

I haven't completed the online admissions course yet, but I'm also in the same boat as you as I haven't received a call to schedule an interview yet. I'm planning to complete the course tonight or tomorrow so hopefully they'll call to schedule. Anyone else having this experience? 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 12:44 PM, LKP94 said:

I haven't completed the online admissions course yet, but I'm also in the same boat as you as I haven't received a call to schedule an interview yet. I'm planning to complete the course tonight or tomorrow so hopefully they'll call to schedule. Anyone else having this experience? 

Similar case here. I completed the course last week, but still have not received the call to schedule since receiving the email with an interview invitation on 8/27.

On 9/16/2019 at 10:49 AM, mbartausky11 said:

Similar case here. I completed the course last week, but still have not received the call to schedule since receiving the email with an interview invitation on 8/27.

I actually just got a call today, but missed the call due to work. I will have to call them tomorrow to try and schedule an interview. Have you heard back from ISU yet?

10 hours ago, LKP94 said:

I actually just got a call today, but missed the call due to work. I will have to call them tomorrow to try and schedule an interview. Have you heard back from ISU yet?

That's funny, the exact same thing happened to me! I will be calling today to try to set up my interview. I'm just relieved I hadn't missed the call entirely.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Bananataters said:

Just in case anyone is stressing. I received my phone call to schedule today, it was 2.5 weeks after I got my interview invite email. Rest easy they are working through a lot of candidates, and the person I spoke to on the phone was an absolutely delightful individual. 

Yup, I couldn't agree more! Kaitlynn was awesome and was super helpful when scheduling my interview. Don't stress! They are working hard to contact people. I missed my call but was able to reach Kaitlynn 🙂 Good luck everyone!

On 10/3/2019 at 11:47 AM, starr101 said:

I just got invited for an interview (woohoo!) but was told in the email that since fall is full that I won't be interviewing until January. Is anyone else in this boat? I'm very excited and I guess I will just get a long time to prepare!

Just got the same email 🙂

On 9/16/2019 at 10:49 AM, mbartausky11 said:

Ok I feel a bit slow, what does completing the course mean? All I did was put down my campus preference and the mission survey. The medical terminology course is just for those who have interviewed and either accepted or ranked for waitlist, yes? Help please, thank you :)

2 hours ago, cotab said:

Ok I feel a bit slow, what does completing the course mean? All I did was put down my campus preference and the mission survey. The medical terminology course is just for those who have interviewed and either accepted or ranked for waitlist, yes? Help please, thank you 🙂

The "course" was simply the online mission survey and campus preference form that it sounds like you've completed already 🙂  You should be good to go!

• Upvote 1

On 7/25/2019 at 9:17 PM, PA2O18 said:

I am a first year student currently, going into my second year clinical rotations. Feel free to ask me any questions here or through DM. Here to help! 

Hi there PA2018 and congrats on finishing the daunting didactic year! I am coming to Pocatello on Oct 22nd for an interview and I am curious to know what your favorite/least favorite parts of the program have been so far?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey for the mission survey is anyone unable to answer yes on any of the questions that count for points? I feel that I can answer yes on living in an area with less than 25,000 people (Town of 11,000), but no on all of the rest. How badly will this hurt my chances? Anyone know of someone who got in but couldn't answer yes on any of the questions?

Oh I also have a diagnosis of ADD and take medication for it, but I don't believe it counts towards the question about having a mental disability since it states it must substantially impede ones academic performance. Anyone answer yes on this and is diagnosed with ADD?

2 hours ago, mwyatt said:

Hey for the mission survey is anyone unable to answer yes on any of the questions that count for points? I feel that I can answer yes on living in an area with less than 25,000 people (Town of 11,000), but no on all of the rest. How badly will this hurt my chances? Anyone know of someone who got in but couldn't answer yes on any of the questions?

Oh I also have a diagnosis of ADD and take medication for it, but I don't believe it counts towards the question about having a mental disability since it states it must substantially impede ones academic performance. Anyone answer yes on this and is diagnosed with ADD?

I guess it really depends on your current file score without the mission survey point. I can't really say how much it would affect your chances but it definitely doesn't hurt to have the extra point. I'd say if you have any questions to send Ann an email with your inquiries she would probably be able to answer questions regarding your individual case with much more certainty. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Accepted a few weeks ago! Interviewed on the 21st and Ann was really responsive a few hours after my interview. You can email her a few hours after your interview and she will give you a file score with the updates from the interview. My final file score wasn't good enough for the first round of acceptances but I got in after they lowered the file score threshold a bit to 10.20.

Good luck to everyone, the interview was super laid back and the faculty and students were friendly and awesome. 

Edited by LKP94