ISU 2019-2020 Application Cycle

16 hours ago, Bananataters said:

Has anyone heard anything back yet?  I got confirmation that my application was received. They also gave my application a score, and let me know that they are figuring out what the cut-off score for this year should be.  

I also received the confirmation email with the file score, but that's it.

On 7/2/2019 at 5:44 PM, JBlack said:

I also have received my file score. Just to get a feel, what were the file scores you all received? Mine is a 4.84 and I know last year they only interviewed 4.94 and above.

My file score is 5.50 (only bc I took all prereqs after gradution and did well; my cGPA from undergrad is terrible). My understanding is that having a file score above the cut off doesn't guarantee an interview; it just means your application will be reviewed. But don't give up hope! Last year's applicant pool and this year's are different, so who knows what the cut off will be this cycle.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 8:08 AM, Bananataters said:

Hi! The burning question on my mind is when did you hear about interviews. Also what is the class size? 

Everyone is different in when you hear back. If your file score reaches their cutoff, your application will be reviewed and if they want to interview you, you will hear back in 3ish weeks I think. If your file score is not above the mark, you will have to wait until ISU keeps lowering the score to get your application reviewed. After you interview, you will get a “combined file score” which includes scoring of your interview plus your original file score. If you make it above their cutoff score, you will be offered a seat.

There are 36 seats in Meridian, 24 in Pocatello, and 12 in Caldwell. Combined 72 students. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 10:33 AM, kcahsp said:

My apologies for being late to the game here, but what constitutes a "file score?" Is someone able to break this down for me? 

The file score is one of the most significant portions of how ISU determines who is offered an interview. If you meet the minimum file score for review, you can be considered for an interview. The two basic components of this score is your prerequisite GPA and your GRE scores. Here is how ISU states that they compute your file score: 

Prerequisite GPA + (Quantitative GRE Percentile/100) + (Verbal GRE Percentile/100)

The ISU website is a great resource for determining which of your courses fit the prerequisites. Hope that helps!

Just to clarify, for people who are getting an email about getting called for an interview... Did your e-mail state that you ARE getting an interview, and they will call soon to set up a time? Or are you referring to the email that says your application is under review, and to allow at least 3 weeks before hearing whether or not you will be called to interview? I got the latter e-mail today, and I am excited to know things are moving forward! Good luck, all.

On 9/4/2019 at 11:33 AM, LaurenKS said:

Just to clarify, for people who are getting an email about getting called for an interview... Did your e-mail state that you ARE getting an interview, and they will call soon to set up a time? Or are you referring to the email that says your application is under review, and to allow at least 3 weeks before hearing whether or not you will be called to interview? I got the latter e-mail today, and I am excited to know things are moving forward! Good luck, all.

Those are two separate emails 🙂 I received the "please allow at least 3 weeks for this review process" email on 7/10, and then the official interview invite on 8/27. The official interview invite email states that you will be called to set up an interview date, and that interviews will run between October and February. Hope that helps!

To those who have received the official interview invite email, has anyone been called yet? I'm nervous about somehow missing the call, but I also don't want to contact the program quite yet as I know they are super busy this time of year.