AAPA Leadership Changes

June 12, 2019

Dear Members,

I am writing to inform you of a recent action taken by AAPA’s Board of Directors. The Board recently exercised its right to part ways with AAPA’s CEO, Jennifer L. Dorn, MPA, as of June 10, 2019.

Jenna has done a great job in her nearly eight years as CEO of AAPA to advance the interests of PAs and to put our organization in a strong financial position. We thank her for her leadership and commitment to AAPA’s mission over her many years of service and wish her well in her future endeavors.

AAPA’s Chief Financial Officer and Chief Development Officer Lisa Gables will serve as interim CEO until the Board appoints a replacement. An executive search for a CEO will soon commence.

If you have any questions or comments, please direct them toBODpresident@aapa.org.

Sincerely,

sig_Jonathan.jpg 

Jonathan Sobel, DMSc, MBA, PA-C, DFAAPA, FAPACVS 
President and Chair of the Board

lots of grumbling about the survery

but honestly if she has been there 8 years she has gone beyond her shelf life.

AAPA is not the same from 8 years ago - or even 4 years ago

out with the old, in with the new.....   

lead, follow or get out of the way as the saying goes.....

• Upvote 1

I doubt we will ever really know. There have been more than a couple of times when she was opposed to things the board wanted or made policy and she wasn't quiet about it. The CEO is there to carry water for the board not make policy or buck their decisions. One of the core rules is, once a decision is made, carry the banner. If you disagree stay silent.

• Upvote 1

As the President Elect of PAFT I appreciate the kind words. CEO of AAPA is a high level administrative position and should be filled by someone who not only understands the vision of the board but has broad and deep experience running an organization this size. It is much too complicated to allow anyone to fill that chair that doesn't have that kind of organizational experience.

We don't really flex. We just take the issues as they come but stay tuned...we have some interesting stuff in the hopper.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, sas5814 said:

As the President Elect of PAFT I appreciate the kind words. CEO of AAPA is a high level administrative position and should be filled by someone who not only understands the vision of the board but has broad and deep experience running an organization this size. It is much too complicated to allow anyone to fill that chair that doesn't have that kind of organizational experience.

We don't really flex. We just take the issues as they come but stay tuned...we have some interesting stuff in the hopper.

I appreciate the "flexing" in question (not sure if that's the right use of the word on my part, but I'm leaving it)! As a member of PAFT (just realized I could add the little badge to my profile), I'm fully on board with what PAFT is pushing. I agree that AAPA needs an experienced chair, but I hope that whoever fills the position has the same progressive mindset that has won a few recent elections. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1