Sign in to follow this  
mgriffiths

NCCPA pushing for lower PANCE pass rates

https://imgur.com/Lb6qSbL

Saw this on reddit...but thought it would be a good topic for discussion here as well.  Personally, I find this questionable at best.  It's one thing for a standardized exam to change with an expected blip in pass rates as curriculum and review courses adjust - just sucks to be part of that blip.  But, to specifically push for a lower pass rate is not a good thing in my opinion - or at least maybe I'm just biased against the NCCPA with their questionable track record.

Better idea. Eliminate the pass/fail test totally. Modernize along with the rest of the profession.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Cideous said:

Of course they are.  More failed tests = more retakes = more revenue....

Good point!

Was this from a known source on Reddit? I hesitate to give any credence to things on the Internet, especially when an outside source. 

My other question is why do PAs not know about this within our own profession ? 

I saw this same image brought up in a different thread as well. I don't know about the exact image, but in the last week of my PA program, we were told by faculty that they were notified by NCCPA that they could expect to see slightly higher failure rates with the 2019 exam.

As someone who just took and passed the exam, I think it is fair to say plenty of people will still be able to pass without an issue on their first try.  It will be interesting to see the first time pass rates from programs this year.

4 hours ago, sas5814 said:

Better idea. Eliminate the pass/fail test totally. Modernize along with the rest of the profession.

Agree! 

There  is no evidence that high-stakes tests create a better clinician.   ....And, if we’re going to be using evidence-based medicine .........