2019-2020 Gannon University: Ruskin FL

On 11/13/2019 at 11:09 PM, Marisabelrod12 said:

Just turned down my admission offer as I have recently received an acceptance to my number one choice! I hope this opens up a seat for someone 🙂

I interviewed on August 1st and got my acceptance email September 27.

What was your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Nktrio11 said:

Anyone know if they are going to be sending out more interview invites? 

I recently spoke with them and they are sending more interview invites. Apparently they are interviewing until April now so you can still hear from them. It just really sucks for those waiting to hear back after the interviews, having to wait until April is so frustrating. They still haven't made a decision on my application. 

2 minutes ago, CAJ57 said:

So I’m assuming they haven’t made a decision on anyone who has already interviewed and hasn’t heard anything..?

that's my guess and it really sounds like those still waiting won't hear back until April now. I wonder if anyone has heard anything lately or how many people have been accepted. Maybe once some accepted students turn down their spots we will get an update on our applications.

5 hours ago, pa11526 said:

that's my guess and it really sounds like those still waiting won't hear back until April now. I wonder if anyone has heard anything lately or how many people have been accepted. Maybe once some accepted students turn down their spots we will get an update on our applications.

Yeah that’s what I’m hoping, I would like to get some kind of update soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to those accepted!! I’m a current student so if you have any questions, feel free to ask! As for the Facebook page, how it worked for our cohort is they created one and sent out an invite to the page shortly after acceptance. So hopefully that helps answer your question a little. 

For those waiting to hear, just remember no news is good news! Best of luck to everyone! 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 10:31 AM, susie1226 said:

I also received an acceptance letter on 12/24 (snail mail & e-mail) after interviewing 12/19! Best Christmas present ever 🙂 

Does anyone know if there is an accepted students Facebook page?

Cheryl will send you a link to a FB page at some point... if you would like to email her and ask, I'm sure she would be happy to give you guys more info about when they plan on setting one up for your class!!

Congrats to everyone who has gotten acceptance!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Could someone please clarify the length of this program? It does not specify on CASPA and per the program page, it looks like it is 5 years. 

""Entry level" students come into Gannon University as freshmen, complete the five year curriculum, and earn both a Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences degree and a Master of Physician Assistant Science degree."

https://www.gannon.edu/academic-departments/physician-assistant-department/

Thank you in advance. 

6 minutes ago, Apingel said:

Hi all,

Could someone please clarify the length of this program? It does not specify on CASPA and per the program page, it looks like it is 5 years. 

""Entry level" students come into Gannon University as freshmen, complete the five year curriculum, and earn both a Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences degree and a Master of Physician Assistant Science degree."

https://www.gannon.edu/academic-departments/physician-assistant-department/

Thank you in advance. 

Hello, that’s the Erie campus in Pennsylvania! The Ruskin, FL campus is a 2 year (24 months) masters 🙂 

Edited by PAC2B12

2 hours ago, HopefullPA said:

Can someone explain to me their accreditation provisional status and what this means if you graduate from this program?

I recommend researching this a little. But basically they are accredited and at the next accreditation cycle/visit (or however it’s technically termed) they apply to obtain accreditation continuing. They have not had a graduating class yet and are therefore provisional. As long as a program is accredited when you matriculate, you can sit for the PANCE. Hope this helps a little. 

1 hour ago, PAC2B12 said:

I recommend researching this a little. But basically they are accredited and at the next accreditation cycle/visit (or however it’s technically termed) they apply to obtain accreditation continuing. They have not had a graduating class yet and are therefore provisional. As long as a program is accredited when you matriculate, you can sit for the PANCE. Hope this helps a little. 

Yes this helps thank you, when will they have their first graduating class and when are they planning to have full accreditation? I didn't apply to this program because I was nervous that if they didn't get accredited that I would waste time and money.