University of Nevada, Reno 2019-2020 Cycle

On 8/20/2019 at 9:01 AM, janelle23 said:

I got my interview invite yesterday as well! I currently live in Reno so if anyone has questions about the city I can help you. Looking forward to meeting you guys! 

Congrats!! I’ll be at the interview as well. I am flying in from Seattle Friday morning and was wondering if you have any recommendations on somewhere that’s cheap but also conveniently located. I heard last year they had stuff at the Redfield campus one day and the main campus the other day so I want to stay somewhere that I’m not going to have to spend a fortune on Ubers

1 hour ago, sshheellbb said:

Congrats!! I’ll be at the interview as well. I am flying in from Seattle Friday morning and was wondering if you have any recommendations on somewhere that’s cheap but also conveniently located. I heard last year they had stuff at the Redfield campus one day and the main campus the other day so I want to stay somewhere that I’m not going to have to spend a fortune on Ubers

So unfortunately the main campus and the Redfield campus are on completely different sides of the city. I would recommend staying in a hotel downtown just because it’s close to the main campus and close to restaurants. My family likes to stay at the Sands Regency (it’s a little ghetto but pretty cheap) but I think Circus Circus is pretty cheap to stay at as well. Or if you wanna stay in the middle of the two campus’s you can stay at the Hyatt right by the airport. I’m not sure how expensive it is though. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 3:54 PM, Krayne said:

Just received an interview invitation for September 13-14! I look forward to meeting everyone 🙂 hope you guys got good news today too!

I would like to clarify if this interview for UNR? If so, when did you apply?

Edited by ccady

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Delanie said:

Hey everyone! Just wondering how the interviews went for those who attended! 

It went well! the staff is really friendly and relaxed, and everyone I met was super sweet. The experience just made me so much more excited to be pursuing this profession. Just be yourself and answer honestly 🙂 I haven't heard back yet but I don't know about other candidates 

I just received my first interview today, super excited and a little nervous but I am very social so I do well on interviews typically.  I did not receive the email all you guys were worried about and had just given up hope seeing everyone else getting interviews.  Patience is one of my areas that could use improvement, but good things come to those who wait.  Good luck to all applicants.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mos3s said:

I just received my first interview today, super excited and a little nervous but I am very social so I do well on interviews typically.  I did not receive the email all you guys were worried about and had just given up hope seeing everyone else getting interviews.  Patience is one of my areas that could use improvement, but good things come to those who wait.  Good luck to all applicants.  

Congrats!!! When did you complete the supplemental? 

On 9/18/2019 at 8:40 PM, biancak said:

I just received an invitation for October 18/19! Out of curiosity, to those who have already interviewed, how is the interview day structured? 

Congrats on the interview! If you don't mind, what are your stats? I'm trying to stay hopeful since it's one of the closer schools to my home. 🙂

15 hours ago, Mos3s said:

Congrats on your acceptance.  As some of the anxiety has passed with an interview invite, how much did you have to wait post interview before you were notified of acceptance?

They say 2-3 weeks but it was less than a week for my interview group. Not sure if it'll be the same with future groups but I would assume so!