thisishard

Will CASPA know if I don't report a course?

I am getting ready to submit my applications when I just remembered in the summer of 2016 I took a math course at my local community college however I withdrew from the course. It's been so long that I don't even remember my log in for this college. I ended up taking calculus at my primary university and have that grade reported. Will CASPA find out if I don't report this course or get the transcript? I definitely withdrew from the course. Please help.

Did you take any other classes at this community college ? If so caspa will bounce back your application if there is a discrepancy. If not I doubt it. But they are stringent on reporting every school attended. The W’s usually won’t hurt you unless you have many. 

1 hour ago, Hopefully1DayPAc said:

Did you take any other classes at this community college ? If so caspa will bounce back your application if there is a discrepancy. If not I doubt it. But they are stringent on reporting every school attended. The W’s usually won’t hurt you unless you have many. 

I took one class in high school at that community college. I didn't even remember until I further investigated into the school to see if they still had my records. I guess the safest thing to do would be to report the grades. My question is how does CASPA find out? These grades are not reported on any of my other college transcripts because they were not accepted at my principal institution.

On 6/11/2019 at 1:51 PM, thisishard said:

My question is how does CASPA find out?

For starters, you just posted it on a public forum filled with ADCOM members, PAEA reps, and CASPA employees. If they find out, you just stated, in writing, you're guilty of purposefully omitting it.

Not reporting it on purpose is a Code of Conduct violation which will get you kicked out of CASPA. For a W, that doesn't impact your GPA at all, why take that chance?

Edited by Allegro
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Allegro said:

For starters, you just posted it on a public forum filled with ADCOM members, PAEA reps, and CASPA employees. If they find out, you just stated, in writing, you're guilty of purposefully omitting it.

Not reporting it on purpose is a Code of Conduct violation which will get you kicked out of CASPA. For a W, that doesn't impact your GPA at all, why take that chance?

Thanks for your reply. I did end up reporting the grade. 

• Like 1