New York Institute of Tech: 2019-2020 Cycle

On 11/16/2019 at 11:57 AM, NewPAapplicant said:

Hi, for those who have interview/ are interviewing - Does the "passport style photo" have to be an actual passport picture (so no smiling, no glasses, etc) or does it just have to be the correct size (2x2)? Thank you! 

I smiled in mine!

1 hour ago, MonicaM said:

I interviewed on 11/18 and got an email today that I won't receive a decision until after all the interviews are done (mid December). Slightly freaking out, wondering if anyone knows if this is a bad sign or if most people receive this email? Thanks

Most peeps receive this email. They send out a few acceptances if you were the top of your interview session. Otherwise they are waiting until the end of the interview season for final decisions. 

22 hours ago, Amandaclemy said:

Congrats!! do you have any tips for my interview next week? 

Thank you! 

Major tip would be to not be too nervous because it was a very relaxed interview. Everyone there involved in the interview process was very nice. 

You will be taken for 2 interviews. In one interview I was interviewed by a pa professor & current pa student & in the second interview it was 2 faculty members. In both, I felt very relaxed because they were all very kind and smiled. 

I did not do much practicing, such as mock interviews or planning detailed answers, so my plan was just to go in their and be myself. I have experience teaching a recitation class in my college and also other past classroom teaching experiences so I am fairly confident in public speaking. Also I felt like my gpa and experiences were strong so that helped me be calm and confident. 

So for me, I was just myself and answered any questions honestly, and used my experiences to help me answer questions by using them to highlight any qualities or values of mine that I shared with them.

Good luck!