New York Institute of Tech: 2019-2020 Cycle

Hi everyone, 

I just got an interview request and I am very excited/nervous. (I submitted my application at the end of August and believe it was verified in September). Does anyone know how the interview is or how the essay topics are? If anyone is willing to share any past experiences that would be extremely helpful, please -- Thank you!

Edited by NewPAapplicant

On 6/20/2019 at 9:08 PM, JLR2018 said:

They were all really nice and made the experience less stressful. You go in, there are about 15 people interviewing in one session. They give a presentation then you have to write an essay. While you write your essay they randomly pull people for 2 one on one interviews 

What was the essay topic? And what was the interview style for the one on one interviews? Was it traditional essay questions?

Hey guys

Congrats to those who got invited to interviews! let us know how it goes. 

I am starting to feel so discouraged as I have not heard anything back from the schools I applied to. 

My grades are no where near as high as some of you, but I am an average applicant. But hopefully I got this and you guys got this too!

23 hours ago, noorie03 said:

Hey guys

Congrats to those who got invited to interviews! let us know how it goes. 

I am starting to feel so discouraged as I have not heard anything back from the schools I applied to. 

My grades are no where near as high as some of you, but I am an average applicant. But hopefully I got this and you guys got this too!

You’re not alone! I haven’t heard anything from any school i applied for. I’m an average applicant too. It feels like I’m not too bad to be declined but not too good to be interviewed lol! 

1 hour ago, hadia said:

I am in the same boat, still waiting to hear from them. feeling anxious and discouraged .

I have 3.98 cumulative GPA

3.98 SGPA

4000 HOURS as Medical assistant

50 PA shadow hours

Where else have you applied? You have really good stats! 🙂 I am still waiting to hear from NYIT as well

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JulCia said:

okay so it sounds like most students get put on the waitlist until the interview process is over and then they pick the class. Does anyone remember when they said the interview process is officially over?

I interviewed 10/26 and they said we would hear back in 2 weeks if we were the cream of tbe crop. Otherwise we would hear back by December once interviews are over. If I recall correctly. 

• 2 weeks later...