New York Institute of Tech: 2019-2020 Cycle

Hey everyone. I got accepted into the NYIT PA program last cycle and will be attending in Fall. I know how stressful and confusing the application process is so if you have any questions feel free to ask! 

What were your stats ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, JLR2018 said:

Hey everyone. I got accepted into the NYIT PA program last cycle and will be attending in Fall. I know how stressful and confusing the application process is so if you have any questions feel free to ask! 

Do you mind sharing your stats and also do you know when NYIT starts sending out interviews? I didn’t receive any email since I applied.

On 6/19/2019 at 5:32 PM, fatima said:

Do you mind sharing your stats and also do you know when NYIT starts sending out interviews? I didn’t receive any email since I applied.

-3.83 cumulative GPA and 3.81 science GPA

-2,100 hours as an EMT

-some volunteering and tutoring 

-only 15ish hours shadowing 

...i was in the first interview session. I received an interview offer mid-August and had the interview mid-September. I believe i was accepted by the end of September/early October. Again, I was in the first group offered interviews so I’d imagine you wont hear anything till August 

4 minutes ago, jmpa6 said:

Would you apply with 3.7 cgpa 3.3 science 1000 hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d apply. It really depends on the rigor of the courses that you took. Did you take multiple hard science courses in the same semester? They definitely take into consideration the classes that you took.

On 6/19/2019 at 1:36 PM, palee24 said:

How was the interview process?

They were all really nice and made the experience less stressful. You go in, there are about 15 people interviewing in one session. They give a presentation then you have to write an essay. While you write your essay they randomly pull people for 2 one on one interviews 

18 hours ago, JLR2018 said:

They were all really nice and made the experience less stressful. You go in, there are about 15 people interviewing in one session. They give a presentation then you have to write an essay. While you write your essay they randomly pull people for 2 one on one interviews 

What is the essay topic like?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...