School's prerequisites in Program Materials

How do schools use these prerequisites? Is it just a preliminary way for them to make sure an applicant has met their requirements? Or, do they figure a GPA from them and make selections based on just those prerequisites moving forward?  I have a few upper level biology classes that I am having trouble plugging in. I would hope the overall science GPA from the transcript would be looked at before decisions are made. I would really appreciate everyone's input so I know how to proceed. Thanks!

A lot of schools' websites give consideration to prerequisite GPA in addition to the cumulative and science calculated by CASPA, usually where they list the class stats. If you can, plug in your upper science to general biology etc on your app., that's what I did. It's where some of my best performance is and would hate to leave it out!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Some schools did state that you could apply genetics, biochemistry to the Biology I and Biology II prerequisites. I initially thought that Biology I and Biology II had to be those exact classes. Not the case? Many of the schools just list Bio I and II without any descriptors. Do you feel it's ok to list my upper level biology classes there or should I contact each school?  Thanks so much!

Another question - I see for example Psychology listed as a prerequisite. It lists the requirements as 3 credits/3 grades. I understand the credits but what does the 3 grades refer to? I also had one prerequisite from a school that listed 2.8 grades as a requirement. Help me understand the grades part please. Thanks!!

Edited by ctpa20

In cases where they specifically said Bio 1 and 2, believe they're actually referring to those specific courses so be careful there, and also be aware that some require labs. But for schools that said bio and gave some acceptable examples like pathophysiology or immunology or genetics, I plugged my upper science in there (classes that have BIO in the course code, ie BIOS 130). It couldn't hurt to contact the schools if you're unsure about a specific course either. As for the grades, I assumed a 3 means a 3.0 or a B. One of my programs required a C or better and it was listed as 2 or better on CASPA. I hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk