Job search as a recent grad

Hi,

I graduated in december 2018, passed the boards, got my license, but have been struggling to find a job as a new grad. Everyone wants at least 2 years experience, no matter big name or no name or wants an NP. Now 6 months out of school with loans about to kick in I'm getting discouraged, but have too much of a debt burden to move out of state. The gap since graduation has started to come up in interviews as well and I anticipate it will only get worse. Any tips or leads? I've contacted old precptors,  have an updated linkedin account and actively apply daily, but just curious if there are any other strategies people used as a recent grad.

Thank you!

Guest HanSolo

If you're getting interviews that is a good sign. You might consider getting an interview coach for a session or two to analyze how you're presenting yourself. Have you reached out through the alumni network of your program?

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I have tried my University career center, however they just reviewed my resume and said unfortunately the hunt is alot about who you know and verified that I had tried contacting my most recent rotations for any leads. They also suggested looking for posts that specify new grad friendly however those have been few and far between and 3 of them I interviewed for ended up not taking the new grad after all. We did a mock interview that was recorded before leaving the program and I got good feedback on that. I'll try the alumni page on LinkedIn .

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/2/2022 at 8:49 AM, lucianooreira766 said:

Are you looking for a moving company as well? If yes, I can recommend that you check out some of the bedford movers https://starkmovers.com/bedford-movers/ they always provide the best services and are absolutely reliable.

I know this is an older post, but I saw this moving company recommended and wanted to add one I've used to move twice, 3 Movers. They operate all over the US and are one of the more affordable options (in my opinion & based on experience) that you'll find. They offered a student discount that I think applies even if you're a recent grad. Good guys and easy to work with too.