2019-2020 application cycle

Second Year applying, but First Year applying to MEDEX. 

Submitted CASPA and supplemental on June 2 and verified on June 3. Got an email from MEDEX on June 14 that my application meets criteria and its been moved forward to full faculty review process. 

And noooooow we wait! 

First Choice is Seattle, Second was Spokane. 

• 3 weeks later...

I submitted my CAPSA app on June 15th with 1905 patient care hours and received the email saying I met all the requirements and my application was under review. I know for this school they want 2000 patient care hours and I now have over 2000 so should I email the school saying I have hit the 2000 mark even though they said I met the requirements? 

2nd year applicant here in the Tacoma area. I just sent out my application June 30, verified July 1, supplemental sent on July 2. Former Navy, current EMT and ER technician with 5100 patient care hours, 50 hours of PA shadowing in 3 specialties. This may be my last chance to get in. I submitted my application pretty late in the game last year, hopefully I'll get noticed this time around. Best of luck to everyone.

Hello everyone! I'm a second year applicant for my first choice: Anchorage, AK. Submitted 07/08 and now just waiting for everything to fall in line. I am available to answer any questions as I was able to interview for the program last cycle and know a few students who graduated from the Anchorage site. I wish everyone on this thread the best of luck!

hhills: I'm not sure about the medical hours after you have submitted the application. But you should shoot them an email so you have a clear answer. I've emailed the program in the past and they have been quick with their responses. 

• Like 1

Hey guys!

First want to wish everyone luck. Medex is definitely my first choice being from the Seattle area!

I submitted both the supplemental and CASPA application on July 8th and am yet to receive anything from MEDEX besides the autoreply. My CASPA was verified in June. Has anyone else not heard anything from MEDEX? Should I be worried?

1 hour ago, noidea said:

Anybody heard anything from the school? 

I received an email saying that their campus in Hawaii opened up and that is about it.

I am wondering if anybody got interview invites since they are rolling admission.

I received the same email last week.. anxiously waiting for any updates. 

Last year, I submitted my CASPA application 07/16/2018. The supplemental application was received on 07/31/2018. And then my application moved to faculty review 08/10/2018. Received an invitation to interview 10/17/2018. Its going to be a different timeline for others depending on when you submitted your application. Hopefully this helps!

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 10:05 PM, noidea said:

Anybody heard anything from the school? 

I received an email saying that their campus in Hawaii opened up and that is about it.

I am wondering if anybody got interview invites since they are rolling admission.

I attached the timeline they have posted on their website. It looks like they start notifying applications of decisions starting around September. So hopefully we should start hearing back sooon! 

Annotation 2019-07-24 140008.jpg

Annotation 2019-07-24 140425.jpg

Edited by madysonshine
added another picture

Wishing everyone luck! First time Medex applicant this year. Submitted CASPA and supplemental on May 1st, moved forward to full faculty review on July 12th. (They did wait on a transcript from a summer course that fimished mid June) Hoping first email interview invites go out in late August! 

Good morning! Also a second year applicant to Medex I got interviewed 2017 for the bachelors program and got waitlisted so I am back again! My application has moved to full facility review 🤞🤞🙏🙏praying I get a second chance❤️Good luck everyone!!! For anyone who gets an interview we should all meet up before and get to know one another! I did last before my last interview and it really helped calm my nerves and you get to meet new friends and potential classmates. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Hey everyone,

First time applicant applying to MEDEX. Just submitted my supplemental so I'll update once Im verified to move on to full faculty review. Applying from CA but excited to apply to this program!

First choice campus: Seattle

Second choice : Tacoma

Full Faculty Review 8/16/19

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Zatchen
Updating

20 hours ago, smile4fun said:

Question, how many people applied for the Hawaii campus? Do you think since it’s a newer program it maybe easier to get into than the other campuses? 

I currently have anchorage and Tacoma as my choices but thinking of changing to Hawaii. 

I just had a friend move to Hawaii and she talks about how incredibly expensive it is to live there.  I was thinking that preference would be given to locals (a cheap place to live and people most willing to stay after school) . It sounds awesome, but I don't know how they choose who will go where for any of the locations.  

21 hours ago, smile4fun said:

Question, how many people applied for the Hawaii campus? Do you think since it’s a newer program it maybe easier to get into than the other campuses? 

I currently have anchorage and Tacoma as my choices but thinking of changing to Hawaii. 

According to the article that was released when they announced the opening of the Hawaii site they will give preference to Hawaii residents or applicants with strong ties to the area. The MEDEX program has an extremely competitive applicant pool so I doubt the addition of 16 seats will make it easier to get in.  

6A837079-6C55-4D8D-B3D0-E1AC12A3CE99.png

• 2 weeks later...