Loma Linda University: 2019-2020 Cycle

On 6/13/2019 at 6:53 PM, whitesocks said:

Hrm weird. I thought I read somewhere it was $50 lol does anyone know when we start hearing back from the program? 

Loma Linda supplemental application is free, and usually you will get phone call for interview around 6 weeks (+ or - ) after you submit the supplemental. 

On 6/25/2019 at 7:43 PM, Pagirl4023 said:

Hi! Quick question, I took anthropology, but not sociology or cultural anthropology. Does anyone know if this anthropology class is the same thing/ is accepted for the pre req? Thanks!

I tried to get answer for you, but actually you want to give them a call. They are very helpful  !! 

Edited by helloMHE
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, chrystyj said:

Hi! How long after submitting your application did you received the Supplemental application invite ?

Hi! It took about 1 week for me to receive the supplemental application invite. On their website it says it could take up to four weeks. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had not received my supplemental application so I reached out to the program (very professional, polite, and informative when you call). The lady who answered the phone advised that they download VERIFIED applications from caspa every Tuesday and supplemental applications are sent typically within a few days of download. 

This held true for me - Submitted application, caspa verified application in approximately 3 days (was a Thursday) received supplemental application the following Wednesday afternoon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Last year, I got invited to interview in January. I submitted my application on June 1st! Don't get discouraged, you all have a lot of time to hear still. I am about to start in the current class. You are welcome to message with any questions about the application process. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, hy0914 said:

Last year, I got invited to interview in January. I submitted my application on June 1st! Don't get discouraged, you all have a lot of time to hear still. I am about to start in the current class. You are welcome to message with any questions about the application process. 

Congrats on getting in last cycle!! And thanks for the encouragement 🙂 I hope to be in your shoes next year! How was the interview process? Was it MMI style, traditional questions, essay portion, group interviews? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, miche12x said:

Congrats on getting in last cycle!! And thanks for the encouragement 🙂 I hope to be in your shoes next year! How was the interview process? Was it MMI style, traditional questions, essay portion, group interviews? 

The interview process an LLU was relatively intense. There was an essay portion and an exam. There were multiple interview portions, and you will have all of the above. Know your application and know yourself. The interview at LLU is very interactive, and they are really trying to get to know you. You can message me individually with additional questions if you have any. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 8/30/2019 at 2:39 PM, ChellyBean said:

Those of you who were granted an interview, do you mind sharing your stats?

I received an interview last cycle in February, I believe I was in the last interview session and submitted my application in August. So patience is definitely key! I was ultimately waitlisted and have just reapplied this cycle.

My stats last cycle:

Overall GPA: 3.34
Last 60 GPA: 3.6
BCP GPA: 3.43

PCE: 3150 hours
Shadowing: 90 hours 

Volunteer: ~600 hours

Wishing everyone luck this cycle! Be patient. I was losing hope last cycle and didn't expect to even get one interview but ended up receiving three (Jan, Feb, and March) !

• Upvote 1