Morehouse 2019-2020

Hey everyone! 
I received an email invite for this years cycle. Looking through the tuition and fees page, I saw a mention that first year students have to live in a specific apartment complex? I was wondering if this is correct; and if so, how did the people with spouses moving too make this work? Thank you in advance!! 

Hi!! One more quick thing, are any current students willing to answer a few questions for me? 
what is a typical day like, as far as classes go? 
how long do you find yourself studying for?

what is the one interview question that stood out to you? 

also, are the rotations done mainly at Grady or all around Atlanta? And are there community outreach programs to be involved in during the semesters? 

thank you in advance!! ☺️

3 hours ago, cwskyla said:

Hi!! One more quick thing, are any current students willing to answer a few questions for me? 
what is a typical day like, as far as classes go? 
how long do you find yourself studying for?

what is the one interview question that stood out to you? 

also, are the rotations done mainly at Grady or all around Atlanta? And are there community outreach programs to be involved in during the semesters? 

thank you in advance!! ☺️

Hello! I am a current first year PA student at MSM and can answer some of your questions!

A typical day in PA school (in the midst of COVID) includes classes via zoom pretty much from 9am-5/6pm Monday-Thursday and exams every Friday. You can have anywhere from 1-2 exams on Friday. Lunch break is typically from 12:30-1:30pm. Fortunately we come on campus 1-2 times a week for lab skills (venipuncture, NG tube insertion, physical examination skills, etc.). I am not sure how classes will be conducted once the next class matriculates but you will more than likely be in class most of the day. As far as studying goes, I usually break for dinner from about 6-7pm and then spend the rest of evening studying until about 11pm/12am. Then I will take Friday's off and get back to studying on Saturday and Sunday for about 4 hours each day. Everyones study schedule and style is different so you'll have to figure out what works best for you. 

In terms of interview questions, from what I remember I did an MMI style interview and most of the questions were situational (what would you do if...XYZ). I am not sure if they're doing MMI for this round of interviews. 

Rotations are done all over GA and the program is still open to obtaining more preceptors, especially in rural areas. Each class has a community outreach committee that partners with organizations in the community.

My best advice is to be flexible! COVID has made being a PA student...a challenging, yet unique experience. It definitely took me awhile to get use to the virtual learning environment but you will adjust. I hope this is helpful! Let me know if you have anymore questions 🙂

10 hours ago, cm05219 said:

Hello! I am a current first year PA student at MSM and can answer some of your questions!

A typical day in PA school (in the midst of COVID) includes classes via zoom pretty much from 9am-5/6pm Monday-Thursday and exams every Friday. You can have anywhere from 1-2 exams on Friday. Lunch break is typically from 12:30-1:30pm. Fortunately we come on campus 1-2 times a week for lab skills (venipuncture, NG tube insertion, physical examination skills, etc.). I am not sure how classes will be conducted once the next class matriculates but you will more than likely be in class most of the day. As far as studying goes, I usually break for dinner from about 6-7pm and then spend the rest of evening studying until about 11pm/12am. Then I will take Friday's off and get back to studying on Saturday and Sunday for about 4 hours each day. Everyones study schedule and style is different so you'll have to figure out what works best for you. 

In terms of interview questions, from what I remember I did an MMI style interview and most of the questions were situational (what would you do if...XYZ). I am not sure if they're doing MMI for this round of interviews. 

Rotations are done all over GA and the program is still open to obtaining more preceptors, especially in rural areas. Each class has a community outreach committee that partners with organizations in the community.

My best advice is to be flexible! COVID has made being a PA student...a challenging, yet unique experience. It definitely took me awhile to get use to the virtual learning environment but you will adjust. I hope this is helpful! Let me know if you have anymore questions 🙂

Thank you for this detailed info. A few follow up questions:

- Do students perform cadaver dissection? I imagine things may be different this year.

- I noticed the housing info mentioned that all students live in one complex; are there any exceptions to this?

- Are many rotations available within the city aka Grady? I noticed that some PA programs are located in their respective city; however, students are typically sent out to smaller, suburban hospitals during their clinical time.

- Is there interaction or any shared courses with MSM?