Morehouse 2019-2020

12 minutes ago, Yale1989 said:

Dec 7th. What about you ? For the waitlist they said would need to respond by February 7th whether to accept the waitlist “spot”. That they will know more in regards to any class spots that open up sometime in March. 

Oct 7. February 7th is pretty soon. I’m thinking waitlists and acceptances are out. But this process has been so random so who knows 🤷🏾‍♀️
It’s great that you finally heard back ! That’s a HUGE relief !! Continued luck !!! 

Edited by HeyPA

11 minutes ago, HeyPA said:

Oct 7. February 7th is pretty soon. I’m thinking waitlists and acceptances are out. But this process has been so random so who knows 🤷🏾‍♀️
It’s great that you finally heard back ! That’s a HUGE relief !! Continued luck !!! 

Thanks. I agree that this process has literally no predictability whatsoever, so hold out hope because who knows you might not have heard back because you are still under consideration!  I’m about 50-50 on my stress level, meaning glad to have heard “something”, but now stressed if anything will come of the waitlist situation. 

20 hours ago, cnh032 said:

Hi! I’m a student from out of state and I was wondering if anyone knew if morehouse allowed students to sign up tours and meet with an advisor if we are unable to make the session dates. I emailed someone two weeks ago but nobody responded.

I couldn't make it to any of the information sessions last year, so I logged into a virtual session and found it super helpful. I chatted with someone from admissions and a current student. I basically had the entire chat room to myself. You should check it out!

https://www.msm.edu/physicianassistantprogram/infosessions.php

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Confettifun said:

For current students, how are rotations for you? Are you having issues getting rotations and are they adequate in your opinions? Do any of you feel like they will get you a position after graduation? 

There’s only one class right now, the inaugural class, and they are still in their didactic year. So, they haven’t began clinical rotations.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 10:50 AM, Confettifun said:

For current students, how are rotations for you? Are you having issues getting rotations and are they adequate in your opinions? Do any of you feel like they will get you a position after graduation? 

We havent started our rotations.

Greeting anxious Pre-PA student,
The meet and greet is today, and not all 30 seats have been filled. I am not certain how many have been filled but it is a FACT that not all have been. Hang in there, keep hope and refresh them emails. If i told you to not refresh them constantly you would still do it.  If you are coming to the meet and greet come in the same door you came through during your interview. 

Good luck everyone!

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, mave6 said:

Does anyone know what the timeline is like for selecting waitlisted applicants? I contacted the program, but received no response.

Was totally wondering the same thing !
It feels the same as it did in January waiting for the initial acceptances to be called/sent out. 

My understanding is the deadline for accepted students to respond was last Monday. I would have thought some one of us ( or more ) would have heard something more by now...  The anxiety is real ! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, MMPA20 said:

Has anyone heard back from the waitlist or is the class full?

I spoke with Corey during the virtual information session yesterday and asked about the status of waitlisted applicants. He said that they have not sent out any additional offers due to the COVID-19 outbreak, because they have been transitioning to a virtual campus. They have not sent out any additional offers, but hope to send out all notifications to remaining waitlisted applicants soon. I wish I knew more specific details. 😕 

• Like 1