2019-2020 Application Cycle

23 hours ago, yvg2005 said:

Hello All!

I am interested in applying to Methodist. Anyone available to answer my questions about pre-reqs?

•  

The pre-reqs are pretty clearly laid out on the website and the school is generally super quick to respond to email questions, although I'm not sure how they're doing at the moment amid all the chaos. I can attempt to answer - What questions do you have? 

• 1 month later...

Hello

I have all As in my other prerequisites, but have a C in Micro. Will this C hurt my chance of at least getting an interview? I’m not applying until next cycle to gain more PCE and give myself time to do well on the GRE on the first attempt. This was a retake  as I have graduated from college back in 2009

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 11:14 AM, yvg2005 said:

Hello

I have all As in my other prerequisites, but have a C in Micro. Will this C hurt my chance of at least getting an interview? I’m not applying until next cycle to gain more PCE and give myself time to do well on the GRE on the first attempt. This was a retake  as I have graduated from college back in 2009

•  

I am currently in the class of 2021 and I had a C in Physics 2 and Biology 2 and still got in on my first try so it is definitely possible! Make sure you excel in your other classes and retake as needed. The program looks at your application as a whole, so make sure you have plenty of clinical experience and that your GRE score is competitive as well (most say combined score around or over 300). After talking with my classmates, most everyone had a "hiccup" on their application, so do not let that one thing keep you from applying as long as you meet the criteria outlined on the program site. Hope that helps, good luck!