2019-2020 CASPA Verification

4 hours ago, ecwaters said:

Thanks for the responses! Anyone else who submitted on 6/2 who can weigh in? Unfortunately I can’t call caspa on the weekend, but I will Monday.

I submitted 6/3 and haven't been verified yet if that helps. I think they're starting to get busier, it took them a full week after they received my last transcript to post it to my app, the other transcripts I sent were posted within a day. I bet it will be verified early this week for you.

On 6/9/2019 at 12:55 PM, coldlykemn said:

I submitted 6/3 and haven't been verified yet if that helps. I think they're starting to get busier, it took them a full week after they received my last transcript to post it to my app, the other transcripts I sent were posted within a day. I bet it will be verified early this week for you.

Thanks for weighing in! I called today and was assured that it’ll probably just be a few days. I hate the waiting game! I think being a first time applicant must slow it down too

On 6/9/2019 at 12:55 PM, coldlykemn said:

Are you still waiting too?

22 hours ago, coldlykemn said:

I was verified Sunday night somehow. This is my first time applying but I sent 3/4 of my transcripts in last cycle, so I'm not not sure if that made a difference or not.

It turns out they want me to upload a transcript from a course I received credit for in HS in 2011 - so here I go getting that priority shipped!

• 2 weeks later...

This might be helpful as I see people confuse this all the time. You are not in line for verification until:

- you submitted your app
- all your transcripts are in
- 2 of your LORs are done
- if you ordered their PTE service, not only is it done but you clicked that button to approve it

If any of the above isn't done, the waiting game hasn't started yet. Whatever date the last of those things happened, your application status moves to "Complete" and that's the date you start counting from. If its been over two weeks from then CALL to make sure something isn't up.

Edited by Allegro

I emailed CASPA and they gave me the generic 2-4 weeks to verify response. I have a program that has a JUL 15 verification date, and I submitted on the 26th at 1 AM with all documents necessary. It seems like people are getting verified in 5-6 days, but I am getting pretty anxious about how long it could take. Any reassurance? lol

9 minutes ago, zfootball96 said:

I emailed CASPA and they gave me the generic 2-4 weeks to verify response. I have a program that has a JUL 15 verification date, and I submitted on the 26th at 1 AM with all documents necessary. It seems like people are getting verified in 5-6 days, but I am getting pretty anxious about how long it could take. Any reassurance? lol

Have you already applied to other programs or is this the first app you have sent in? If you have sent others it should be fast. For example, I have already submitted like 10 other applications. I submitted two last night and one got verified within an hour and the other got verified this morning. If it is the first app you submitted then I would expect it to take 2-4 weeks as CASPA said. 

Just now, rfo1234 said:

Have you already applied to other programs or is this the first app you have sent in? If you have sent others it should be fast. For example, I have already submitted like 10 other applications. I submitted two last night and one got verified within an hour and the other got verified this morning. If it is the first app you submitted then I would expect it to take 2-4 weeks as CASPA said. 

it's the first app I've dropped. Do you think it'll be before JUL 15th? I was waiting on my evals because they wiped the system when they switched applications cycles which I did not expect. 

26 minutes ago, zfootball96 said:

it's the first app I've dropped. Do you think it'll be before JUL 15th? I was waiting on my evals because they wiped the system when they switched applications cycles which I did not expect. 

Are you a re applicant? According to CASPA: "Letters of evaluation, essays, payments, and program-specific information cannot be copied into the new application". You would have had to request them again if you are a re applicant. Only test scores, transcripts and exam scores are carried over to a new cycle. Here is the link for that information: 

https://help.liaisonedu.com/CASPA_Applicant_Help_Center/Starting_Your_CASPA_Application/Creating_and_Managing_Your_CASPA_Account/3_Use_an_Existing_CASPA_Account_to_Re-Apply

I cannot guarantee that your app will be verified by that date. The first application you submit is the one that typically takes the longest because it's when they are really looking at everything. Once the first is verified the others are faster. It's really dependent on the volume that they are getting at the moment. It's always best to send letters of recommendation requests sooner than later for these reasons. It's really the part of the application that you depend on someone to submit. Hope that helps! Best of luck.  

Edited by rfo1234

25 minutes ago, rfo1234 said:

Are you a re applicant? According to CASPA: "Letters of evaluation, essays, payments, and program-specific information cannot be copied into the new application". You would have had to request them again if you are a re applicant. Only test scores, transcripts and exam scores are carried over to a new cycle. Here is the link for that information: 

https://help.liaisonedu.com/CASPA_Applicant_Help_Center/Starting_Your_CASPA_Application/Creating_and_Managing_Your_CASPA_Account/3_Use_an_Existing_CASPA_Account_to_Re-Apply

I cannot guarantee that your app will be verified by that date. The first application you submit is the one that typically takes the longest because it's when they are really looking at everything. Once the first is verified the others are faster. It's really dependent on the volume that they are getting at the moment. It's always best to send letters of recommendation requests sooner than later for these reasons. It's really the part of the application that you depend on someone to submit. Hope that helps! Best of luck.  

I am not a reapplicant. I started filling everything out super early in Dec/jan/feb and got all the evals in before the application cycle in april 27th thinking I would be well ahead of time and ready to drop all my applications as soon as it opened. That was not the case lol since I could only salvage certain things from the previous cycle

1 hour ago, zfootball96 said:

First time applicant here! I submitted on Sunday a little before midnight and got verified this morning! 

26 minutes ago, zfootball96 said:

I am not a reapplicant. I started filling everything out super early in Dec/jan/feb and got all the evals in before the application cycle in april 27th thinking I would be well ahead of time and ready to drop all my applications as soon as it opened. That was not the case lol since I could only salvage certain things from the previous cycle

Ohh okay, that makes sense. I almost did the same but I heard some people encounter problems when doing that so I decided not to. Hope your app gets verified in time! 

22 hours ago, zfootball96 said:

Technically you are.

A "Re-applicant" from a CASPA point of view does not mean you submitted to PA programs before. It means this is not your first cycle with an application. You didn't start "early," you started in the wrong cycle. On the CASPA side, if you pulled over your info from the old cycle,  your account says "re-applicant" on it and you're bound by the re-app rules.

Some applicants try to use the re-app rules as a loophole to fill things out super early and get a leg up, but that's actually manipulating the system. It's not forbidden or anything, but you have to understand that you're not using the application as intended and work within those parameters with the knowledge you're basically highjacking it a bit. You're going to confuse yourself and CASPA if you think of  yourself as "not a re-app." As far as everyone is concerned, you are, so make sure you do identify yourself as such when working with them.

Edited by Allegro
  • Upvote 1

I'm planning on submitting my application by next Friday, but someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong...

Official transcripts sent 7/8/19, take about 3 days to arrive in mail, CASPA requires an additional 7 to be posted to application. So by 7/19, if program materials, LORs, payments, transcripts, etc. are submitted, I should be in line for verification, right?