MCPHS Worcester 2019-2020

52 minutes ago, KVB0821 said:

I was as well and pretty much everyone at my interview that I spoke to was in the same situation. I am a little disappointed given it seems like they just wanted the extra fee to switch our application over. I'd feel better about my waitlist status if I saw just one rejection throughout this whole entire thread but seems like everyone is just waitlisted giving us false hope.

I only applied to the Worcester program, and no one in my interview group mentioned having previously applied to the Boston program. As for the waitlist, while no one has mentioned getting outright rejected in the thread, at least 1/3 of the people who mentioned interviewing never followed up to say what their outcome was. At least speaking from my own experiences, I interviewed for another program earlier in the cycle and didn’t get in. It felt embarrassing to go onto the thread for that school with all these people saying they either got in or waitlisted and say I was rejected, so I never said anything. It was the same situation in which no one on that thread mentioned getting rejected, so I felt very alone. We can’t know for sure, since they never said anything, but I think it’s likely the people that mentioned interviewing and stopped commenting afterwards didn’t get in. It also doesn’t make sense to me that they would just waitlist everyone they don’t outright accept, because not everyone does well at the interviews/the admission committee may not feel like everyone is as good a fit for the program. The waitlist is as much for them as it is for us, they need a legitimate pool of candidates to pull from if people decide to enroll in other programs, which does happen especially given the long gap between when people get accepted and when the program actually starts. Don’t give up hope, some of us may get off the waitlist and get in! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey Everyone,

I emailed the program director and this is the reply I received. I wanted to update to everyone who is waiting for the response. 

"Now that you are waitlisted, should an available spot open and you are qualified to fill the seat, you will be contacted. The waitlist is not ranked so there is no particular spot you are holding. We are hoping to get final decisions out shortly. Please keep an eye on your student portal."

• Like 3

On 2/25/2020 at 6:04 AM, KVB0821 said:

Quick question, how many of you were offered the 2/13 interview at Worcester after being waitlisted for an interview at the Boston campus?

I sent an application to Boston and they said seats filled so they offered me an interview at Worcester - had my interview 2/13 as well and ALSO waitlisted like everyone else. Is this odd..?

8 hours ago, Taija said:

I sent an application to Boston and they said seats filled so they offered me an interview at Worcester - had my interview 2/13 as well and ALSO waitlisted like everyone else. Is this odd..?

I dont know what happened to my original post (I was as well and pretty much everyone at my interview that I spoke to was in the same situation. I am a little disappointed given it seems like they just wanted the extra fee to switch our application over. I'd feel better about my waitlist status if I saw just one rejection throughout this whole entire thread but seems like everyone is just waitlisted giving us false hope) you can see someone replied to it earlier. But that is exactly the reason why it feels so odd to me.

On 2/27/2020 at 1:45 AM, Taija said:

I also applied to Boston campus and was offered for interview at Worcester. I interviewed on 2/13 and I was waitlisted. 

8 hours ago, lindzthepa said:

I was waitlisted on Jan 27th and it used to say so on the portal., I logged onto the portal today and it says "Your admission interview is complete". It has no mention of the waitlist. Has this happened to anyone else? is this a bad sign?

The same thing happened to me!