WSU 2019-2020 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, SDakotaPAgirl said:

Any other news yet for even the waitlist? I know we were supposed to hear by yesterday. I’m sure they are still working on things. 

I was wondering the same thing. I called this morning (and left a voicemail) because I was confused why I haven't heard anything. I will let you know if they respond! I know there are several people who still have yet to hear anything despite the December 15th deadline. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Nath23 said:

I was wondering the same thing. I called this morning (and left a voicemail) because I was confused why I haven't heard anything. I will let you know if they respond! I know there are several people who still have yet to hear anything despite the December 15th deadline. 

Has anyone heard anything who was at the 12/6 interview?? 

Hey there. I’m a second applicant of WSU. Last year no one was called except acceptance offers. If you haven’t been called you will either now receive a waitlist letter in the mail or a denial letter in the mail. No one will be contacting you by phone unless you call them.

Edited by GAnne16
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, GAnne16 said:

Hey there. I’m a second applicant of WSU. Last year no one was called except acceptance offers. If you haven’t been called you will either now receive a waitlist letter in the mail or a denial letter in the mail. No one will be contacting you by phone unless you call them.

They made it seem like they were doing it differently this year. I was under the impression that everything including waitlist and rejections would go out at the same time. It’s definitely possible because I know of other schools that do the same thing. If they had made all the acceptance calls already, I would expect more people posting on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, GAnne16 said:

So we will not be emailed at all? 

Got my waitlist letter in the mailbox yesterday. Better than a rejection! Thankfully, I have already been accepted to another program. Good luck to everyone else still on the waitlist, hope y’all get in!

P.S. Does anyone have an idea of how many they waitlist and is it ranked? 

Edited by Hmhguy95
  • Upvote 1

On 12/31/2019 at 8:27 AM, sardery3 said:

For those who got accepted, have you heard anything from the department after sending back the signed paperwork and the deposit? 

I never got a confirmation email saying that they had received my paperwork and deposit. I did call though and confirm with them that they received it. 

• 1 month later...

For anyone who got in this year, congratulations! I have about a weeks worth of scrubs (size small) that I used for anatomy this summer. I got them from Goodwill so I don't want any money for them. Just wanting to pass them along for the next poor soul 😉 Some of the tops and pants don't match but trust me you won't want to wear any nice or fancy scrubs to anatomy. Let me know if anyone wants them.

Also, if you didn't get in this year, don't give up. I got waitlisted my first year and then got in my second try. I have another friend who it took her 3 times before getting in. If you want it bad enough you will find a way!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 10:00 AM, sardery3 said:

For those that got accepted: has there been a facebook page created, and have you heard anything from the school about the summer schedule, labs, or drug screen?

I also only got an email about the background check. 
Are you guys local? I'm not really familiar with the area. I am starting to look up the rooms/apts but not really sure which neighborhoods should I seek or avoid. Any ideas?

On 3/11/2020 at 11:24 AM, KateSD said:

I also only got an email about the background check. 
Are you guys local? I'm not really familiar with the area. I am starting to look up the rooms/apts but not really sure which neighborhoods should I seek or avoid. Any ideas?

I'm from the Wichita area! The east side is generally considered nicer, but both the east and west sides of Wichita are generally safe. I would try and avoid areas south of Highway 400, as it's not the safest or nicest parts. 

• Like 1