Hey! If anyone has any questions regarding PA school or their application please don't hesitate to let me know!

I applied to 9 schools, got accepted to 1, waitlisted at 4 schools and denied to 4 schools.

When I was applying there were not many resources to find other students who were accepted with low GPAs to see what they have done, so I just want to help out as much as possible. This is a very stressful part of an individual's life and having someone to relate to can definitely help out.

If anyone feels uncomfortable commenting their questions on here or need a super fast response, feel free to message me on my instagram as well: Naisphan

Right now, I'm a volunteer pre-pa mentor for two community colleges in my neighborhood.

I don't want to make this a super long post but a quick overview of my statistics:

cGPA: 3.1

sGPA: 3.01

Last 60 credit hours: 3.8

PCE: 2600

HCE: 1500

Shadowing Hours: 144

GRE: Did not take

There is so so so much more than just the numbers. I really mean that. I have spoken with a whole bunch of PA admissions committee members directly at multiple schools about my application and also what they're looking for in potential applicants. I've also spoken to many students and pre-pa mentors as well to help me throughout the process.

With my low GPA, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to make it into school but with the help of my mentors I was able to craft a great application.

Don't be discouraged at all, there are so many things to do to make your application much better!!! It really is a holistic application and as long as you reach the minimums, anything is possible from there. Again, AMA either here or on my instagram page!!!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 5

Hello 😃

First of all, congrats on getting accepted to PA school! And thanks for emphasizing  that PA schools don't look just at the numbers, although sometimes it feels like it when you are getting overwhelmed with the application process, i am guilty of it. 

What schools did you apply to? 

Did you apply early or late?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 6:33 PM, Naisphan said:

Hey! If anyone has any questions regarding PA school or their application please don't hesitate to let me know!

I applied to 9 schools, got accepted to 1, waitlisted at 4 schools and denied to 4 schools.

When I was applying there were not many resources to find other students who were accepted with low GPAs to see what they have done, so I just want to help out as much as possible. This is a very stressful part of an individual's life and having someone to relate to can definitely help out.

If anyone feels uncomfortable commenting their questions on here or need a super fast response, feel free to message me on my instagram as well: Naisphan

Right now, I'm a volunteer pre-pa mentor for two community colleges in my neighborhood.

I don't want to make this a super long post but a quick overview of my statistics:

cGPA: 3.1

sGPA: 3.01

Last 60 credit hours: 3.8

PCE: 2600

HCE: 1500

Shadowing Hours: 144

GRE: Did not take

There is so so so much more than just the numbers. I really mean that. I have spoken with a whole bunch of PA admissions committee members directly at multiple schools about my application and also what they're looking for in potential applicants. I've also spoken to many students and pre-pa mentors as well to help me throughout the process.

With my low GPA, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to make it into school but with the help of my mentors I was able to craft a great application.

Don't be discouraged at all, there are so many things to do to make your application much better!!! It really is a holistic application and as long as you reach the minimums, anything is possible from there. Again, AMA either here or on my instagram page!!!

Hi,

Congrats on the acceptance. I'm in a similar academic background situation. Which school did you get accepted to, and which schools did you get wait listed?