Case Western Application Process 2019-2020

Hey guys, 

I’m one of the alumni who has been helping out with interviews. It sounds like they had another round of interviews today and they were going to go over the people they haven’t made decisions on yet this afternoon. That doesn’t mean that people who haven’t heard back are definitely going to hear something, but some of you might! Hang in there if you haven’t heard!

It also sounded like they are still looking at applications and may extend more interviews. The cohort still has open seats!

Best of luck!

Edited by CWRUAlumPAC
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, CWRUAlumPAC said:

Hey guys, 

I’m one of the alumni who has been helping out with interviews. It sounds like they had another round of interviews today and they were going to go over the people they haven’t made decisions on yet this afternoon. That doesn’t mean that people who haven’t heard back are definitely going to hear something, but some of you might! Hang in there if you haven’t heard!

It also sounded like they are still looking at applications and may extend more interviews. The cohort still has open seats!

Best of luck!

Hi, so they might extend more interviews but are going to look at the people they already interviewed first?

• Upvote 1

Yes and no. So how it works is that they review everyone who has interviewed after each new day of interviews. Yesterday was the most recent interview day. They look over people from that day first, accept people who really stood out, and then decide who they still might be interested in. Then they look over people who are still being considered (from the interested-but- not-yet-accepted list) and try to make some decisions. If they extend more interviews (which seems pretty likely), those folks will be reviewed first, followed by anyone else still under consideration. Does that make sense?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:17 AM, CWRUAlumPAC said:

I believe the app closes November 1. Sounds like two more interview sessions are likely to take place.

Do you think they would do the two interview sessions sometime in November or one December?  I'm just wondering how long I should be hopeful of getting an interview invitation

6 hours ago, jaderiv said:

Has anyone received a rejection email from Case?

Case doesn’t send rejection emails that I’m aware of! They’re really big on keeping the options open to fill seats as needed since they look at the class as a whole to accept a variety of people. They’ll probably have filled the class by the end of December but will pull off the wait list through March if anyone gives up their seat, that’s what they did last year 🙂  good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...