2019-2020 application cycle

So happy I got accepted to Midwestern after my interview on 10/4 after being on the alternative list! They called me today and then emailed me as well 🙂 good luck to everyone still waiting! It is a nerve wrecking process and remember candidates get chosen as late as a couple days before orientation! Best of luck!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 1/28/2020 at 5:01 PM, katelyn1007 said:

If we are placed on the alternate list are we supposed to notify them that we are accepting this placement for now? Or do we only have to notify them if we would like to be removed 

You only need to notify them if you want to be removed. 

I just got a call that I have been accepted off the waitlist! I interviewed 10/21 I believe? 
I did recently reach out to Amy and update her with my patient care hours and volunteer hours, but I really don’t know how much of a difference this made. 
The waiting game is so difficult, but don’t lose hope! Good luck to the rest of you on this crazy process, and I’m excited to meet the incoming class in the future!  

52 minutes ago, tnadler said:

Has anybody called the admissions office to get an update as to how full the class is/how many people are on the waitlist?

I called Friday and was told all 86 acceptances have been sent out but it’s possible people haven’t responded to them yet. Basically at this point I think the only chance of getting accepted is if someone withdraws or declines 

• Upvote 1

On 2/7/2020 at 12:32 PM, Wkhan said:

For those who got pulled off the waitlist, do you mind sharing your stats?

Yes! 

Major: Psychology w/ concentration in Behavioral Neuroscience

age: 22, currently senior at University of Illinois Champaign 

GPA Overall: 3.83

Science GPA: 3.65

GRE: 310 

PCH/Volunteer/HCH: 

Medical Assistant Intern=800 hrs

Research in Cardiovascular and Renal Disease working with dialysis patients: 220 hrs

Optometric Technician=360 hours

Pharmacy Technician: 400 hours

CNA: 200 hours

Volunteer Pediatrics Unit: 70 hours

Extracurricular: IMSS (screening and volunteering for underserved areas in community), Nicaragua medical mission trip, intramural bball and football, ISA (indian student association)

Interviewed: October 4th

Late October: wait listed

Accepted: January 23rd!

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, H92pa2022 said:

Can anyone who got accepted recently please share their stats if they’re comfortable doing so? 

Hey I got accepted March 12th, Interviewed August 27th

GPA: 3.86 overall, 3.64 science

GRE: 310, 154 quantitative and 156 verbal

Pt. contact: EMT at a private company ~3000 hrs including the updates I sent to MWU throughout the year

~210 volunteer hrs at an ambulatory surgery center

23 hrs shadowing PA's, one orthopedic surgery PA and the other a general robotic surgery PA

I also sent in a letter of intent not sure how much that helped in the decision making

No real extracurricular activities during undergrad other than some honors programs. I didn't have time with work and school

Hope this helps