Jump to content

2019-2020 application cycle

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Reneeee said:

So if my GRE score and recommendation letters are the only things on my check list, does that mean I was denied? 

I'm pretty sure this means they either haven't reviewed or updated your application yet! I'm pretty positive if you have prereqs it means waitlist/alternative list, if you have GRE and recs it means you haven't been accepted, waitlisted or denied yet, and if you have nothing there anymore it means denied.

For me, I knew people had been accepted from my interview date and had the same thing as you in my portal (only GRE and recs) for about 3 more weeks until my portal changed to prereqs. So, if you have heard people have been accepted from your interview date but still have a portal, it might mean you're waitlisted. At least this happened to me. Hope this helps!

Edited by bkcrules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Reneeee said:

So if my GRE score and recommendation letters are the only things on my check list, does that mean I was denied? 

Pretty sure that just means that they haven’t made a decision yet? Not sure though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does anyone know if there is a facebook page for the class of 2022?? If there isnt, I was debating making one, but admissions made it sound like there might be one already

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PA1122 said:

does anyone know if there is a facebook page for the class of 2022?? If there isnt, I was debating making one, but admissions made it sound like there might be one already

I can't find one. I think there was one made for the Arizona campus but I still can't find one for Downer's Grove and was debating the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! 

I applied in August and still haven't heard a peep, but it seems that people have been getting responses within the month. They did email me this week confirming that they received my update. Should I keep waiting or is it okay to contact the school and ask about the status of my application? I don't want to hurt my chances in any way😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 3:02 PM, Skorupma said:

Hey guys! 

I applied in August and still haven't heard a peep, but it seems that people have been getting responses within the month. They did email me this week confirming that they received my update. Should I keep waiting or is it okay to contact the school and ask about the status of my application? I don't want to hurt my chances in any way😬

I was wondering the same...I applied in May and haven't heard a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hopefulpa9485 said:

I was wondering the same...I applied in May and haven't heard a thing.

I actually ended up calling today to ask and they looked up my information and informed me that I was still under review as of right now, so I would assume that if you haven't heard back, the same may be true for you. I'll be out of the country next month with limited access to internet so I asked now before leaving, but if you're curious I don't think the call hurt me in any way, they were super nice about it 🙂 Hopefully we hear some type of news soon though! Good Luck!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone THAT HAS interviewed, receive a rejection letter? Or is everyone interviewed on the alternate list automatically? 

Edited by jnella3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, chumblie2424 said:

Has anyone been accepted from the waitlist? 

I interviewed 9/20 and still haven't heard back. When did you interview and hear back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since this school interviews early on, many of the people that were accepted early on will receive acceptances to other schools during the cycle. Their “taken” seats flux throughout the cycle, so the amount of people accepted from the waitlist are rather high.

I suspect that they have a quota for the number of students that they can accept each interview round. A decent portion come from the waitlist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 2:58 PM, jnella3 said:

Did anyone THAT HAS interviewed, receive a rejection letter? Or is everyone interviewed on the alternate list automatically? 

Yeah, they reject. Although I do suspect that they keep a high “limbo” list. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 9:07 PM, Kansas57 said:

Since this school interviews early on, many of the people that were accepted early on will receive acceptances to other schools during the cycle. Their “taken” seats flux throughout the cycle, so the amount of people accepted from the waitlist are rather high.

I suspect that they have a quota for the number of students that they can accept each interview round. A decent portion come from the waitlist. 

I was interviewed early on and got accepted to a school that is a better fit for me so I will be giving up my seat in the coming days. Best of luck to everyone! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More