2019-2020 application cycle

9 hours ago, Reneeee said:

So if my GRE score and recommendation letters are the only things on my check list, does that mean I was denied? 

I'm pretty sure this means they either haven't reviewed or updated your application yet! I'm pretty positive if you have prereqs it means waitlist/alternative list, if you have GRE and recs it means you haven't been accepted, waitlisted or denied yet, and if you have nothing there anymore it means denied.

For me, I knew people had been accepted from my interview date and had the same thing as you in my portal (only GRE and recs) for about 3 more weeks until my portal changed to prereqs. So, if you have heard people have been accepted from your interview date but still have a portal, it might mean you're waitlisted. At least this happened to me. Hope this helps!

Edited by bkcrules

13 minutes ago, PA1122 said:

does anyone know if there is a facebook page for the class of 2022?? If there isnt, I was debating making one, but admissions made it sound like there might be one already

I can't find one. I think there was one made for the Arizona campus but I still can't find one for Downer's Grove and was debating the same thing. 

Hey guys! 

I applied in August and still haven't heard a peep, but it seems that people have been getting responses within the month. They did email me this week confirming that they received my update. Should I keep waiting or is it okay to contact the school and ask about the status of my application? I don't want to hurt my chances in any way😬

On 10/24/2019 at 3:02 PM, Skorupma said:

Hey guys! 

I applied in August and still haven't heard a peep, but it seems that people have been getting responses within the month. They did email me this week confirming that they received my update. Should I keep waiting or is it okay to contact the school and ask about the status of my application? I don't want to hurt my chances in any way😬

I was wondering the same...I applied in May and haven't heard a thing.

1 hour ago, hopefulpa9485 said:

I was wondering the same...I applied in May and haven't heard a thing.

I actually ended up calling today to ask and they looked up my information and informed me that I was still under review as of right now, so I would assume that if you haven't heard back, the same may be true for you. I'll be out of the country next month with limited access to internet so I asked now before leaving, but if you're curious I don't think the call hurt me in any way, they were super nice about it 🙂 Hopefully we hear some type of news soon though! Good Luck!! 

Since this school interviews early on, many of the people that were accepted early on will receive acceptances to other schools during the cycle. Their “taken” seats flux throughout the cycle, so the amount of people accepted from the waitlist are rather high.

I suspect that they have a quota for the number of students that they can accept each interview round. A decent portion come from the waitlist. 

On 11/1/2019 at 9:07 PM, Kansas57 said:

Since this school interviews early on, many of the people that were accepted early on will receive acceptances to other schools during the cycle. Their “taken” seats flux throughout the cycle, so the amount of people accepted from the waitlist are rather high.

I suspect that they have a quota for the number of students that they can accept each interview round. A decent portion come from the waitlist. 

I was interviewed early on and got accepted to a school that is a better fit for me so I will be giving up my seat in the coming days. Best of luck to everyone!