2019-2020 application cycle

Honestly, they will probably review all of our interview and CASPA pairings in the middle of the month. Last year, they told me that they try to meet once a month to figure it out.

Based on the comments, I know that accepted applicants get a call and an email. After they make their decision and document it in their system, you can figure out if you were waitlisted or rejected based on if your prerequisite courses appear under the checklist portion online. 

So under the applicant checklist, you should see a section where they list your materials and the dates they received them. 

If they haven’t reviewed/updated it yet, then you will only see this information.

if you are waitlisted, then your prerequisite courses will appear under this section.

if you’re rejected, then this section is removed or something. 

Regardless of if your are waitlisted or rejected, you will get a letter via snail mail, but you should be able to figure it out based on the portal changes. 

My interview for Midwestern is coming up this Friday and I was wondering if anyone who has already interviewed this year has any tips for how to prepare!? I've been watching MMI scenarios on youtube and practicing answering example scenarios myself. Anything else that would help!? I've never had an MMI style interview before so I'm a lot nervous! 

On 9/8/2019 at 4:04 PM, markatszuma said:

My interview for Midwestern is coming up this Friday and I was wondering if anyone who has already interviewed this year has any tips for how to prepare!? I've been watching MMI scenarios on youtube and practicing answering example scenarios myself. Anything else that would help!? I've never had an MMI style interview before so I'm a lot nervous! 

It wouldn’t be fair to give away the questions, but I can assure you that it’s a very comfortable interview. The faculty is very kind and they make the day very enjoyable. 

Just be yourself, relax, and know your application well. Everybody walked out in one piece at mine! Good luck! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kansas57 said:

It wouldn’t be fair to give away the questions, but I can assure you that it’s a very comfortable interview. The faculty is very kind and they make the day very enjoyable. 

Just be yourself, relax, and know your application well. Everybody walked out in one piece at mine! Good luck! 

Oh I know, I wouldn't want anyone to give away any of the questions! But thank you for the response. It helps my nerves a bit! 

On 9/6/2019 at 2:18 PM, Kansas57 said:

So under the applicant checklist, you should see a section where they list your materials and the dates they received them. 

If they haven’t reviewed/updated it yet, then you will only see this information.

if you are waitlisted, then your prerequisite courses will appear under this section.

if you’re rejected, then this section is removed or something. 

Regardless of if your are waitlisted or rejected, you will get a letter via snail mail, but you should be able to figure it out based on the portal changes. 

Thanks that makes sense. I still have no changes to the portal so I’m assuming a decision hasn’t been made yet. It’s been 5 weeks now so I’m just getting anxious and wondering if others heard back yet! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Prepa333 said:

Thanks that makes sense. I still have no changes to the portal so I’m assuming a decision hasn’t been made yet. It’s been 5 weeks now so I’m just getting anxious and wondering if others heard back yet! 

I’m wondering too. I know someone who got accepted and someone who got rejected after interviewing. My portal hasn’t been changed either 😕

It’s possible that they just didn’t have time to give your application the attention that it deserves. The limbo period isn’t so bad- you don’t have anything to be upset about lol 

I know it’s hard waiting, but it’s still very early in the cycle and you never know what might happen. At this point in time last year, I didn’t even have a single invite. It’s a good sign that you had an invite this early. 

(For those of you that have not received an interview invite YET (keyword = yet), don’t sweat over it. I know that this forum is anxiety provoking and a punch in the gut sometimes, but please don’t worry! This was 100% me last year.  MWU interviews until January or February. There’s a TON of time left.) 

• Like 3