Madison 2019-2020 Application Cyle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 1:09 PM, njeckert123 said:

Does anyone know where I can find their class profile from different years? Thank you!!

They don't publish anything with stats of current or past students or class profiles on purpose! They are simply looking for well-rounded candidates and don't want to discourage anyone from applying based on "averages". It's a pretty progressive stance in my eyes!

• Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:12 PM, chrissy88 said:

They don't publish anything with stats of current or past students or class profiles on purpose! They are simply looking for well-rounded candidates and don't want to discourage anyone from applying based on "averages". It's a pretty progressive stance in my eyes!

I love this! I wish more programs would adopt this application review style

• Like 1

The important part of the UW application is meeting the minimums. They are pretty flexible and try very hard to accept students who will be pleasant, mature, and dedicated. GPA does not always show this, good luck all. BTW if I remember interview letters will go out the last week of the semester 12/18 ish.

What makes a competitive applicant:

https://videos.med.wisc.edu/videos/93648

Edited by MoorKetamine
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Hl0914 said:

Does anyone know if residents of Michigan receive in-state tuition (midwest reciprocity)? I swear they were part of the MSEP (Midwest Student Exchange Program) when I was applying but now they are not. Thanks for any info! 

I live in MN and for us it includes: Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota.

"Over 50 colleges and universities in Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, and Wisconsin have opened their doors to each others' citizens at more affordable rates. Although the Midwestern Higher Education Compact is composed of twelve Midwestern states, the MSEP is a voluntary program (as are all MHEC programs) and ten of the twelve states participate. Iowa, Michigan, and South Dakota do not participate in MSEP at this time. Click here for more information."  from the MSEP web site

Edited by Chris14
additional information

• 3 weeks later...