2019-2020 Cycle

On 11/24/2019 at 12:54 PM, afabian said:

Hi all. I just received a letter in the mail stating that I am an Alternate. (Interviewed 10/18) 

Does anyone know if this is the same or different than a waitlist? I saw some received a waitlist offer via email. Just trying to figure out where I stand! 

Im pretty sure this is similar to a waitlist. I also received this letter from Sept interview. I was accepted at a different program and will be withdrawing my application here. Maybe if its a numerical list of alternates this will help someone out. Good luck!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2020 at 8:48 PM, zoltman said:

Hey all! I'm currently a a first-year student at WLU. Was checking out the forums to see if anyone has any questions about the program! Feel free to message me. 

Where are the clinicals held? And do you do any bedside work during the first year?  Thanks. Congrats on your successes!! 

14 hours ago, PAwnaB said:

Where are the clinicals held? And do you do any bedside work during the first year?  Thanks. Congrats on your successes!! 

Hey! So the main sites for clinicals will be Wheeling Hospital, Reynolds, and Trinity. But if you coordinate with the faculty and other preceptors, there is a possibility of having home bases elsewhere - such as Morgantown, Washington, and a few other areas. Electives can actually be anywhere you get a preceptor for (we have 7 cores and 2 electives).

As far as clinical stuff during the first year, third term you take three ER shifts. They're primarily for getting experience and getting practice on performing histories/physicals. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey if anyone is looking for an apartment to lease, let me know! I know of a very nice privately owned small complex about a minute from campus. 2 bedroom units and honestly they're going to be the nicest ones you can find near campus. Not associated with the university and the landlord is very chill.

On 3/8/2020 at 12:39 PM, zoltman said:

Hey if anyone is looking for an apartment to lease, let me know! I know of a very nice privately owned small complex about a minute from campus. 2 bedroom units and honestly they're going to be the nicest ones you can find near campus. Not associated with the university and the landlord is very chill.

I am looking! What is the name of the apartment complex, and do you know if cats are allowed?