Hi! Im a Biology student at FIU, currently taking my pre reqs for PA school. I am finding it quite difficult to find a PA willing to let me shadow them. I have emailed some. A couple responded stating that they weren't allowed to as they work in a private practice. I know a couple of NPs that will let me shadow them, but of course my school requires a LOR from a PA.

Anyway, my email is dbrow251@fiu.edu! If you know anyone or are a PA willing to let me shadow them, don't be afraid to message me. I will of course provide a copy of my resume!

Thank you!

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I've heard that people have had some success on indeed, so that might be a good resource. It won't hurt to send an email with a little about yourself  with your plans to include PA school plans to some local PAs. 

If I weren't a new grad just starting in broward  I'd let you shadow me! Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I reached out to my pre-med advisor. I'm not sure if your school assigns you one of those, but I would look into that. Most biology advisors should be familiar with the pre-med/pre-PA route, and might know some providers that are willing and able to let you shadow. Best of luck! 🙂

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Erose
      Hello,
      I am currently residing in Bellingham Washington. I am eager to get some shadowing experience prior to applying to PA school this year. I have received both covid vaccines, and would love to shadow in person. Please let me know if you have any ideas. I have reached out to several PAs in the area and have yet to hear back from anyone. 
      Thank you!
    • By KimberlyM54
      Hello all! 

My name is Kim and I am a demonstrated pre-PA coach and a current PA-S with a high success rate of client admission. I am currently available to take on new clients. I offer services including the following: personal statement editing/feedback, supplemental essay editing/feedback, interviewing prep/coaching, mock interviews, general pre-PA application advising sessions and pre-PA planning for the future. During the 2019-2020 cycle, I was invited to 7 interviews but only chose to attend 4 as I was accepted to my top choice by the 4th interview. I was accepted to ALL programs that I decided to interview with. Please email me at prepacoachkimberly@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about my services. I also offer these services to other pre-health students as well.

Happy holidays, 
      Kim 

• By Henrysmith
      I have difficulties finding a physician to shadow. I would like to mention that my school does not offer a pre-med program.
      What do I do now ? Any advises ? experience?

• By TreyFL20
      Here is a link to a google sheets that I have created to more easily access information on each of the schools in Florida and the requirement standards for acceptance or preference. All programs were retrieved from Stetson University website: https://www.stetson.edu/artsci/pre-health/physician-assistant.php , and all program details listed on the google sheet were obtained through each programs website URL in the Stetson link provided. I hope this can help anyone who finds it hard to look up this information and compare and contrast each of the programs, as it has for me.
      Note: The Prerequisite list does not always include if the lab is required. I have listed Hours next to some courses where permitted, and If the course required a lab I did not always list it, but instead just listed the hours included. Example: Microbiology is a 3hr course for me, So when I see that it is listed as 4hrs, I know that this means a Lab must be taken for that class. 
      If anyone has any extra questions, Please do let me know, and I will try to answer. 
      If I have left out anything or made any mistakes, Please let me know and I will fix them ASAP, but I feel that it is accurate at this point, with regards to all sections except the "Average acceptance GPA", as this information was harder for me to find. 
      GOOGLE SHEETS LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zl_EXs2XC4ky1fKpzl1AAoGEa6ZyeYJUtJu9Bd3rOz4/edit?usp=sharing
    • By jgoodman1617
      I am looking to set up a shadowing schedule with a PA in the Indianapolis area whether it be once a week, twice a week, or every other week. I am from Fishers, so if you are practicing there that is a plus!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More