Difficult time finding PAs to shadow in Broward/Miami dade area

Hi! Im a Biology student at FIU, currently taking my pre reqs for PA school. I am finding it quite difficult to find a PA willing to let me shadow them. I have emailed some. A couple responded stating that they weren't allowed to as they work in a private practice. I know a couple of NPs that will let me shadow them, but of course my school requires a LOR from a PA.

Anyway, my email is dbrow251@fiu.edu! If you know anyone or are a PA willing to let me shadow them, don't be afraid to message me. I will of course provide a copy of my resume!

Thank you!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard that people have had some success on indeed, so that might be a good resource. It won't hurt to send an email with a little about yourself  with your plans to include PA school plans to some local PAs. 

If I weren't a new grad just starting in broward  I'd let you shadow me! Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I reached out to my pre-med advisor. I'm not sure if your school assigns you one of those, but I would look into that. Most biology advisors should be familiar with the pre-med/pre-PA route, and might know some providers that are willing and able to let you shadow. Best of luck! 🙂