40 minutes ago, Benjie said:

I had tough choice today but decided to stay at the school in my hometown. I hope someone gets a call soon to replace me in the next cohort! 

Hi Benjie,

Thank you for posting this. I really appreciate this. This open seat will really help another applicant. Good luck on your future endeavors!

• 5 months later...

I was hoping I could get some advice/recommendations from current students and/or past applicants. I am planning on applying to UOP this cycle, but am a little confused about the biology requirements. I have reached out to admissions several times and they just have not been able to exactly answer my question. I am non-traditional, in that I have a degree in nutrition and have worked as a dietitian for over 10 years. I have retaken several prerequisites for more recent dates and have also taken several upper division bio courses, including: genetics, virology, immunology and histology. UOP states they need 2 bio courses, preferably one general bio. I have taken several biology courses obviously (many with in-person labs) and my question is how important is it for one of those prerequisites to actual be "general"? I have asked this in several different ways, but the answers received are just not clear if it is needed or not. If anyone could provide me with clarification, that would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

• Upvote 1

Hi Lholloway,

It is my understanding that acceptable classes are those that fall within the Biology category with the exception of Microbiology, Anatomy, or Physiology (as these are separate required categories). I looked back at my application to confirm the classes I used- they were “Fundamentals of Biology” with lab and an Evolution/Biodiversity course. Your classes in immunology, genetics, etc should count for one of the two courses, but I’m pretty sure you do need one general introductory Biology course. I hope this helps! 

Brittany 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
8 hours ago, determined4PA said:

Hi! I am wondering if anyone knows how many or if any of you got off the waitlist and received an acceptance for this program. Thank you in advance

I think there were 5 or 6 of us who were accepted off the waitlist! I waited all the way until December 17 to get the call, and there was even another student added after that. The suspense of being on the waitlist is horrible, but try to remain optimistic! You never know when that call will come.