Hey Guys!

Just received an interview invite today for July 31st. 

Submitted: 6/20/19

Verified: 6/25/19

Overall GPA: 3.6

SGPA: 3.45

10,000+ hours of clinical experience as lead medical assistant, clinical research coordinator, phlebotomist. CA resident with some ties to Sac/ Norcal. 

Good luck everyone :).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 7:45 PM, tmariay said:

For those who have interviewed, any tips on the types of questions they asked? Was it relaxed or more intimidating? I appreciate all the help!

The day is split into group interviews (group activities and discussions) and a panel interview (a panel of interviewers and just you in a room). The rest of the day is group tours, presentations, a short essay, lunch, and Q & A with current students. I would say the panel interview was the most formal part, whereas the group portion was more relaxed. Everyone at the school was so nice and welcoming. Also loved meeting the other interviewees. Practice some basic PA interview questions and you will be just fine! It is a long day though with some walking involved so wear comfy shoes. Good luck!

10 hours ago, Morganlynn said:

I believe if you were going to be denied after your interview, they were supposed to let you know within a few days of that!  Correct me if i'm wrong, but that's the impression I left with.  

This is correct. They said if you are going to be rejected it will be within a week or so post interview so as not to keep you on the hook. If you are not rejected, you will receive an e-mail saying the admissions committee is retaining you for review after all of the other interviews. They said final decisions are made by October 1st. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Morganlynn said:

@Yay4PASchool So what do you think that means if you were kept in the competitive applicant pool? I assumed accepted or waitlisted. 

They denied some people after the interviews of that week. Everyone after the interview should have gotten an email stating that they are still in the running or that the school has no further interest. After that, they will look at ALL of the remaining applicants from all of the interviews. That is when they said that we would hear back about being offered a spot or denied by the latest of October first. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Morganlynn said:

@Yay4PASchool So what do you think that means if you were kept in the competitive applicant pool? I assumed accepted or waitlisted. 

I think it means they are going to interview everyone else and then include you in the final review for seats. I think it is promising, but too soon to get hopes up :). Congrats on moving forward though!