Albany Medical College 2019-2020

2 hours ago, Jcatapano8 said:

Hi all! 

Figured I would get this thread started! 

I submitted my CASPA on 5/13, email confirmation of a completed application on 5/14, and in interview invite on 5/29 for 6/5! Very quick turnaround time!

congrats on receiving an interview!! Would you mind sharing your stats? 

On 6/7/2019 at 6:42 PM, NT4816 said:

Thank you so much! Submitted CASPA and supplemental 5/10, verified 5/13, invited to interview 5/29, interviewed and accepted 6/5

congratulations! I'm interviewing at AMC on the 21st. very excited to meet the faculty and see the campus, but nervous for the interview. obviously you had success, do you have any advice? 

I would prepare for some of the typical pa school interview questions. Know your “why pa” answer well.

It was a really laid back interview honestly. They just want you to demonstrate good interpersonal skills and get to know you. They may ask a question or two that will make you think, but nothing that will really deliberately trip you up(at least from my experience). Ask questions when they open it up for questions, in interview and during the different presentations. 

Good luck you got this!

• Like 1

I had almost the exact same timeline and agree with everything said above! I submitted CASPA 5/10, verified 5/13. Submitted AMC supplement on 5/13, and application was complete 5/20 (when my 3rd LOR was submitted). Invited to interview on 5/29, interviewed and accepted on 6/5. My GPA and GRE were above their published averages, and I currently work at AMC so still getting PCE, plus an 11-month internship with PCE last year. 

I was nervous for the interview, but it's a laid-back day overall - info sessions on the overall program, didactic part, and clinical part, then two one-on-one interviews with faculty, ~30 min each. Mine were pretty conversational, and they didn't ask any tricky/scary questions - just tried to get to know me and fill in any gaps in my application. Definitely be able to talk about why you want to be a PA and how your past experiences have gotten you here/contribute to that goal. 

I turned in my deposit 6/7 and am 98% sure I'll be there in January - hope to see you guys there!! Good luck to those with upcoming interviews! 

• Like 2

Guest celticsb12
11 minutes ago, amcpainterview said:

Hi everyone, I just received an interview email from amc for 6/28, I am super excited/nervous, this will be my first interview for p.a school!  Does the interview take all day or is it just for a couple of hours? Also, do they have group interviews or is it one on one?

That's so awesome! Congrats!!! 🙂  Can I ask when you submitted your application? I just want to get an idea of the approximate wait time to hear back! Good luck btw!

I recently got an interview offer for AMC and I have been trying to do more research on the school to prepare for my interview, I have been trying to find the mission statement and I cannot find it anywhere?! The website says to explore the Center for Physician Assistant Studies website for more information but I cannot find the website anywhere! Anyone know where I can find more information?

On 6/20/2019 at 11:29 AM, DanaSchroeder said:

I recently got an interview offer for AMC and I have been trying to do more research on the school to prepare for my interview, I have been trying to find the mission statement and I cannot find it anywhere?! The website says to explore the Center for Physician Assistant Studies website for more information but I cannot find the website anywhere! Anyone know where I can find more information?

I am also having difficulty finding further information beyond the goals highlighted on their website. If anyone has info they heard at a session or another resource please let us know! 

• 2 weeks later...

I applied at the end of May probably about May 28th. I went into the interview fairly unprepared with regards to the specific program because I could not find a ton of information, but it was not particularly necessary because they do quite a few presentations  before your first interview on the program so I took notes during that and asked questions and  formulated why I liked AMCs PA program over others. They gave out a bunch of paperwork with information about the program that I will attach once I find it in my room. I interviewed on Friday June 21st and was accepted the following Monday so they work fast. They then gave two weeks to submit a signed contract and deposit. Any other question please let me know! I am happy to help.

On 7/6/2019 at 11:58 AM, DanaSchroeder said:

I applied at the end of May probably about May 28th. I went into the interview fairly unprepared with regards to the specific program because I could not find a ton of information, but it was not particularly necessary because they do quite a few presentations  before your first interview on the program so I took notes during that and asked questions and  formulated why I liked AMCs PA program over others. They gave out a bunch of paperwork with information about the program that I will attach once I find it in my room. I interviewed on Friday June 21st and was accepted the following Monday so they work fast. They then gave two weeks to submit a signed contract and deposit. Any other question please let me know! I am happy to help.

Wow! Congratulations!  Care to share any stats? 

On 7/9/2019 at 12:22 PM, Chris14 said:

Wow! Congratulations!  Care to share any stats? 

Thank you! Sure:

Healthcare hours 1000 as a Nursing Assistant in an ED

GPA: 3.8

Science GPA 3.8

Shadowing hours: 100

GRE: I don't remember exactly but I believe it was 60th percentile reading and 20th percentile math 4.0 writing

A bunch of hours volunteering in different hospitals

A LOT of various extra curricular activities including: VP/Peer adviser for Biochemistry Club, Founder of a Club that volunteers at animal shelters, member of gymnastics and ballroom dance teams..

• Like 1

Interviewing 7/19 for a seat on the waitlist!

Stats

• PCE Hours: 1550 EMT (1200 paid + 350 Volunteer)
  • Shadowing Hours: 90
  • GPA: 3.7 Overall, 3.8 Science
  • 2 research experiences
  • 2 years of leadership experience with a volunteer ambulance agency
  • Started college as an art major and switched into sciences
Edited by SuPellechio

• 2 weeks later...