How do I stack up??

I have 2 Bachelors in Sciences.

• Bioscience & Medical Lab Scientist (Dual Degree) - Cum Laude
  • Science Technology& Society (concentration in health and wellness) -  Cum Laude

My cGPA is 3.61 with a sGPA of 3.52.

My PCE hours are as a PT aide at a rehabilitation center and working as a MA at a clinic for a total of 1,275.  

I have 200 hours shadowing a PA in internal medicine. 

I have 250 hours volunteering at a place of worship, where I helped prepare and served food to the congregants. 

I have 4 recommendation letters

• PA that I shadowed
  • MD that i worked for 
  • A&P professor 
  • Molecular Biology professor 

I have received good feedback on my personal statement as well. 

I plan to submit by June 5th. 

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT MY CHANCES ARE!

I am freaking out!

The thing with PA school chances are it is VERY dependent on which schools you apply to. You need to do research on some top school choices and go to their webpages and find out what the stats of their most cohort were. This lets you know if your stats are in line with what they have accepted. Your GPAs will likely not be an issue at any school but some schools may want more PCE or letters from people that can attest to those clinical skills. GRE factors into some schools, but not others. The point here is that you need to research each school you wish to apply to and match your stats with their averages. If they are close, then you'd like have a good shot. 

2 hours ago, MT2PA said:

Average.  

Every program is different and any answer you get here is pure speculation.  I could lie and tell you you're a shoe-in, but you aren't.  No one is.  They only way to find out your chances is apply and see what happens.

Agree.  Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason in the decision making.  I am a good example.  Spent some of my teenage years in juvie.  Ended up getting my GED in my mid-twenties.  Messed up and caught another ten months for a bag of heroin in my rectum, at the Canadian border.  Parents were able to get a special favor called in at a diploma mill down in the Caribbean.  Got a degree in hemp weaving and small engine repair.  Took a chance about a year later, filled out some Caspa forms and presto, I'm a PA.  

11 hours ago, ral said:

Agree.  Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason in the decision making.  I am a good example.  Spent some of my teenage years in juvie.  Ended up getting my GED in my mid-twenties.  Messed up and caught another ten months for a bag of heroin in my rectum, at the Canadian border.  Parents were able to get a special favor called in at a diploma mill down in the Caribbean.  Got a degree in hemp weaving and small engine repair.  Took a chance about a year later, filled out some Caspa forms and presto, I'm a PA.  

Haha what in the!?🤣

• Like 3