Background check

Hello. I am desperately hoping that someone can shed light on this issue for me. I am a Maryland resident who just completed their double major degree and is looking into physician's assistant schools in Maryland. The problem is I used to be a delinquint to some degree in that I received a couple of possession charges charges and a DUI(ten years ago). The good news is that I am in the process of having all of my records expunged except for the DUI which is unexpungeable in Maryland. My question is will this affect my ability to get licensed? PA school is very expensive and I need to have some degree of confidence that if I make it through school that I will be able to become licensed practioner I understand that the medical profession is held to a high ethical standard, I look to continue that. 

Thank you for your time

• 2 weeks later...