2019-2020 Application Cycle

5 hours ago, keezy said:

Hi all. Just an email saying I’ve been put “on hold” from my interview 9/10. Any one else? Not sure how to feel... Should I still be hopeful or is it a long shot?

Hey! dont feel discouraged! amber told us at our interview that only 5% of people get accepted right away about 90% are put on hold! youre in good shape! 

19 hours ago, laurenm15 said:

I was accepted and chose Harrisburg as my top campus choice because my fiancé will need a bigger city to work in. Does anyone know how safe Harrisburg is? I have read conflicting information online

There are definitely some pockets of the city to avoid.  Allison Hill, Italian Lake.  I lived just outside the city in Swatara Township and it was very quiet, though.  It's still easy to get to the downtown from there if that's where he's working.  If you are looking to live in the city, I'd suggest looking in Midtown.  There is a great community network on Facebook called Midtown Harrisburg that can also answer some of your questions.  You can get to the Lock Haven Harrisburg campus real easy from there, too.  If you have more questions, you can DM me. 

There are definitely some pockets of the city that have more reported incidents.  I lived just outside the city in Swatara Township and it was very quiet, though.  It's still easy to get to the downtown from there if that's where he's working.  If you are looking to live in the city, I'd suggest looking around Midtown.  There is a great community network on Facebook called Midtown Harrisburg that can also answer some of your questions.  You can get to the Lock Haven Harrisburg campus real easy from there, too.  If you have more question, you can DM me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! My interview is October 29th. Anyone else? Also, do they ask you your campus preference at the interview? I've seen a lot of people have chosen the main campus and Harrisburg as their top choices. Is there any reason you didn't choose the other two locations? I'm trying to decide which two I'd prefer. 

2 hours ago, emc0025 said:

Hello! My interview is October 29th. Anyone else? Also, do they ask you your campus preference at the interview? I've seen a lot of people have chosen the main campus and Harrisburg as their top choices. Is there any reason you didn't choose the other two locations? I'm trying to decide which two I'd prefer. 

Hi! They ask you when they send you an acceptance offer. I put in Harrisburg and Lock Haven as my preferred campuses but was told that all locations were full except Coudersport. I thought this was strange as they said they only offer about 5% of people an outright acceptance and I interviewed 9/10 which is pretty early in the interview season. I ended up giving up my seat for a different program, so hopefully that opens a spot for someone else. 

2 hours ago, beth73 said:

Has anyone received confirmation or any further information after submitting the deposit?

Yes, I have received a confirmation from Jaimee Kester that they received my deposit. This came 2 weeks after I had put the money down. I was accepted 8/26, deposit paid 9/5 and confirmation 9/19.

Hope this helps.

Also, if someone has started a Facebook group or something for the class of 2022, let me know. I need to find a roommate!

Edited by Samson113

2 hours ago, Alenanicole7489 said:

Hi! Would anyone who was accepted mind sharing their stats? I have an interview coming up and would love to see where I stand! Thank you. 

So I was accepted, and I don't mind sharing my stats, but just remember that they if they offered an interview, they already think you're good enough on paper! At this point, they are wanting to see how well you communicate as a potential provider and if you can get along with your classmates. From what I understand,  once you get the interview, they are basing the rest of your admittance based off how well your interview goes. I'm wishing you luck, and I'm sure you will kill it! 

cGPA: 3.86

sGPA: 3.89

PCE: 700 hours as ED scribe, ~200 hours EMT scattered amongst volunteer rescue, medical mission trip and patient transport

HCE: 6000 hours as veterinary technician

Volunteering: 40 hours 

Research: ~100 hours doing toxicology research on zebrafish

No shadowing

Good luck! 

9 hours ago, AndyL said:

Does anyone know if the interview has MMI? Also, are there any tips or things I should know before the interview? This will be my first interview for PA school so I'm really nervous about it.

The interview is not MMI. When you first get there they will give you a quiz and an essay to do. They will do an overview of the program briefly and answer questions. Then you will do a tour of the facility. After that everyone will wait to interview with one of the faculty members. The interview takes 10-15 mins. I know that some of the faculty discussed the essay in the interview, but I did not. While you are waiting to be called for an interview they will have a student (maybe several students now because the semester is ongoing) answering any questions you have about life as a student or pretty much anything. The whole day was very relaxed compared to other interviews I've been to. I would just say not to overthink it and be confident with your answers. It's really just a conversation to get to know you. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, nikkik23 said:

The interview is not MMI. When you first get there they will give you a quiz and an essay to do. They will do an overview of the program briefly and answer questions. Then you will do a tour of the facility. After that everyone will wait to interview with one of the faculty members. The interview takes 10-15 mins. I know that some of the faculty discussed the essay in the interview, but I did not. While you are waiting to be called for an interview they will have a student (maybe several students now because the semester is ongoing) answering any questions you have about life as a student or pretty much anything. The whole day was very relaxed compared to other interviews I've been to. I would just say not to overthink it and be confident with your answers. It's really just a conversation to get to know you. 

Thanks for the info! It really helped clarify some things for me. So while one person is being interviewed, the rest wait outside for their turn? Also, what made this interview process more relaxed compared to other programs?

19 minutes ago, AndyL said:

Thanks for the info! It really helped clarify some things for me. So while one person is being interviewed, the rest wait outside for their turn? Also, what made this interview process more relaxed compared to other programs?

I think there were 4 people that went at once. So you just sit in the main room and work on the essay/quiz and ask the student questions. It was more relaxed because we just talked and wanted to know who I was. There were no tricky scenario questions or anything like that. It was straightforward. Why do you want to be a PA? How do you handle stress? Questions like that.

• Upvote 1