Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ironically, I actually got an interview invite this morning! For August 19 8 am -12

I received an acceptance letter this morning from my 8/19/19 interview.  Good luck everyone!

how much is the deposit if you get accepted?

5 hours ago, bitonorly said:

For those of you who interviewed what airport did you fly into and any recomendations of good cheap hotels in the area?

I flew into PHL with a connecting flight to IPT. IPT is about 35 minutes from Lock Haven. From there, I rented a car and stayed at an airbnb near the campus! You can also fly into Philadelphia or Pittsburgh and drive to Lock Haven.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:21 PM, bitonorly said:

For those of you who interviewed what airport did you fly into and any recomendations of good cheap hotels in the area?

I stayed at the Fairfield Marriott just a side street away from the building and parking area.  Not cheap but nice.  There are some B&B's in town that are very reasonable but they book up fast.  Look up the Avenue Bed and Breakfast.  Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone!
I'm a first year student at Lock Haven and used this app last year before I got accepted. I just wanted to say that if anyone has anyone questions about interviewing or the program I'd be happy to answer them! Good luck to you all!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also received an email on Monday with an acceptance from the 8/19 interview. My first choice of campus is Harrisburg and Lock Haven main campus is my second choice, but I'm really hoping for Harrisburg to be close to my family. One of the main tips I can give when it comes to the interview is just be yourself. They are not looking to trick you with any questions, they just want honest answers. Think of the interview as more of a conversation than a test. They already know a lot about you from your application, now they want to access your communication skills. Good luck to everyone who has yet to interview! This was my 3rd time apply to PA school and my 2nd time applying to Lock Haven. If anyone has any questions for me, please feel free to send me a message.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sam1515 said:

Anyone who was accepted hear anything yet or get their packet in the mail ?

I went ahead and emailed Lori last week to make sure she got my reply and she told me that she had received it, along with my campus choice, and that I should be receiving an official acceptance letter. I expect something this week for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:32 PM, nikkik23 said:

Nope not yet. Waiting patiently.

 

 

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:02 AM, Samson113 said:

I have not heard anything from the school after accepting their offer.

I just received the email offering me a seat for the Harrisburg location, which was my preference (!).

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 6:38 PM, mjm2996 said:

Hi everyone!
I'm a first year student at Lock Haven and used this app last year before I got accepted. I just wanted to say that if anyone has anyone questions about interviewing or the program I'd be happy to answer them! Good luck to you all!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

Just curious to know what kinds of questions were asked in the interviews. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just curious to know what kinds of questions were asked in the interviews. Thanks!
Hi!

Interview was very laid-back and very conversational. They asked the usual questions of why you want to be a PA, and why you chose lockhaven. They also threw in some random questions about your hobbies, and other personal questions as well. Be prepared to talk about how you handle tough situations, or stressful situations. Anything on your application is fair game!

Hope that helped!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mjm2996 said:

Hi!

Interview was very laid-back and very conversational. They asked the usual questions of why you want to be a PA, and why you chose lockhaven. They also threw in some random questions about your hobbies, and other personal questions as well. Be prepared to talk about how you handle tough situations, or stressful situations. Anything on your application is fair game!

Hope that helped!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

Yes it definitely helped! Thank you for sharing

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More