Jump to content

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, PA020697 said:

Hey everyone! 

I was accepted and now looking at apartments in Baton Rouge. I was wondering if anyone was looking for a roommate/ wanted to get an apartment together? Let me know! (I'm a female)

I’m not necessarily looking for a roommate; however, if you don’t mind me asking, where are you looking? I need to start looking as well! It would be nice to know that someone in the class would at least be in the same complex! I’m a female as well 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BJayroe said:

Has anyone that has been accepted and already paid their deposit heard back from the program since? Like some kind of confirmation that they received your money and application form?

I didn’t! I called and confirmed just to be safe! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 8:36 PM, PA020697 said:

Hey everyone! 

I was accepted and now looking at apartments in Baton Rouge. I was wondering if anyone was looking for a roommate/ wanted to get an apartment together? Let me know! (I'm a female)

Hi! I'm interested! female as well. Are you from Louisiana? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, pa5991 said:

Hi! I'm interested! female as well. Are you from Louisiana? 

Nope! Im from New Jersey. I am hoping to fly down early November and look at apartments. There is still another school I am interviewing at in early October so I want to wait to see what happens before I sign any leases!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PA020697 said:

 

Nope! Im from New Jersey. I am hoping to fly down early November and look at apartments. There is still another school I am interviewing at in early October so I want to wait to see what happens before I sign any leases!

Awesome. I also am waiting till November for the same reasons. I guess once we both know we can just message each other. Goodluck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Was placed on the waitlist 08/30, received my acceptance today!

So happy for you!! I’m also waitlisted so fingers crossed I’ll be accepted soon!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if there’s a fb group for accepted students? Or if the program sends more information on places to live nearby? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sprocket247 said:

They haven’t made a Facebook page yet because they do not have the entire 2022 cohort yet

I thought everybody would be in place by now. I haven’t seen anyone else being accepted from the waitlist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@J0219 I haven’t heard of anyone else either but according to the email they have till January still. My name is Annie Shocket  if you want to find me on Facebook in case  they start a fb page I can add you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Sprocket247 said:

@J0219 I haven’t heard of anyone else either but according to the email they have till January still. My name is Annie Shocket  if you want to find me on Facebook in case  they start a fb page I can add you 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys!! I was thinking of creating an accepted students FB group. That way we can all talk on there and I will post the link on here for everyone to join. Let me know what you think!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be turning down my acceptance due to an acceptance into another program. Hopefully someone on the waitlist will get the call soon 🙂 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who have been accepted, has anyone purchased any supplies yet? I just purchased by stethoscope, but the otoscope/ophthalmoscope is a bit pricey. Does anyone know if we need to purchase this or could maybe rent it? I plan to purchase my scrubs in the near future. I don't live in town, so I called Uniforms by Bayou and they said they also do the logo for the school in case anyone needs to go with them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I talked to some 2nd years and past graduates and they said its better to spend money on the stethoscope than the otoscope, they said they used the otoscope maybe twice the whole time during the program. The only time you would use it if you go to a clinic that does not have one.  I bought one on Amazon for $29. If you go to Design Resources and want to bring in scrubs its 18 for the Logo and 8 if you want to add your name with PA-S plus a 2 service charge.  I bought two pairs from there and paid $153.

38 minutes ago, Smores said:

For those who have been accepted, has anyone purchased any supplies yet? I just purchased by stethoscope, but the otoscope/ophthalmoscope is a bit pricey. Does anyone know if we need to purchase this or could maybe rent it? I plan to purchase my scrubs in the near future. I don't live in town, so I called Uniforms by Bayou and they said they also do the logo for the school in case anyone needs to go with them!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow i feel like im behind. What color scrubs are you guys buying? and how are those who are out of state getting logos on them? are you mailing the scrubs to the stores in Baton Rouge? 

also, if anyone's looking for a roommate please message me 😃  and for those who live by or in Baton Rouge, can you recommend some apartments?

Edited by pa5991

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, pa5991 said:

wow i feel like im behind. What color scrubs are you guys buying? and how are those who are out of state getting logos on them? are you mailing the scrubs to the stores in Baton Rouge? 

also, if anyone's looking for a roommate please message me 😃  and for those who live by or in Baton Rouge, can you recommend some apartments?

Don't feel behind because they haven't sent us any additional info, this was just from the school's website. They had additional supplies pdf under the cost of the program for the things we will need. The scrub color is navy blue.  I live in near Baton Rouge so I went to the store directly to buy them.  I'm sure if you know the scrub size and brand that you prefer then you could call them and order it straight from them and they could put the logo on there for you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sprocket247 said:

Don't feel behind because they haven't sent us any additional info, this was just from the school's website. They had additional supplies pdf under the cost of the program for the things we will need. The scrub color is navy blue.  I live in near Baton Rouge so I went to the store directly to buy them.  I'm sure if you know the scrub size and brand that you prefer then you could call them and order it straight from them and they could put the logo on there for you.

 

Okay good. That makes me feel a little better. 
Thank you for the info! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sprocket247 said:

If anyone wants we can start a Groupme so we can meet those in our class?

It’d be a great idea to start a groupme!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More