2019-2020 Application Cycle

20 hours ago, PA020697 said:

Hey everyone! 

I was accepted and now looking at apartments in Baton Rouge. I was wondering if anyone was looking for a roommate/ wanted to get an apartment together? Let me know! (I'm a female)

I’m not necessarily looking for a roommate; however, if you don’t mind me asking, where are you looking? I need to start looking as well! It would be nice to know that someone in the class would at least be in the same complex! I’m a female as well 🙂

On 9/2/2019 at 8:36 PM, PA020697 said:

Hey everyone! 

I was accepted and now looking at apartments in Baton Rouge. I was wondering if anyone was looking for a roommate/ wanted to get an apartment together? Let me know! (I'm a female)

Hi! I'm interested! female as well. Are you from Louisiana? 

5 hours ago, pa5991 said:

Hi! I'm interested! female as well. Are you from Louisiana? 

Nope! Im from New Jersey. I am hoping to fly down early November and look at apartments. There is still another school I am interviewing at in early October so I want to wait to see what happens before I sign any leases!

9 hours ago, PA020697 said:

Nope! Im from New Jersey. I am hoping to fly down early November and look at apartments. There is still another school I am interviewing at in early October so I want to wait to see what happens before I sign any leases!

Awesome. I also am waiting till November for the same reasons. I guess once we both know we can just message each other. Goodluck! 

• 3 weeks later...

For those who have been accepted, has anyone purchased any supplies yet? I just purchased by stethoscope, but the otoscope/ophthalmoscope is a bit pricey. Does anyone know if we need to purchase this or could maybe rent it? I plan to purchase my scrubs in the near future. I don't live in town, so I called Uniforms by Bayou and they said they also do the logo for the school in case anyone needs to go with them!

I talked to some 2nd years and past graduates and they said its better to spend money on the stethoscope than the otoscope, they said they used the otoscope maybe twice the whole time during the program. The only time you would use it if you go to a clinic that does not have one.  I bought one on Amazon for $29. If you go to Design Resources and want to bring in scrubs its 18 for the Logo and 8 if you want to add your name with PA-S plus a 2 service charge.  I bought two pairs from there and paid $153.

38 minutes ago, Smores said:

For those who have been accepted, has anyone purchased any supplies yet? I just purchased by stethoscope, but the otoscope/ophthalmoscope is a bit pricey. Does anyone know if we need to purchase this or could maybe rent it? I plan to purchase my scrubs in the near future. I don't live in town, so I called Uniforms by Bayou and they said they also do the logo for the school in case anyone needs to go with them!

wow i feel like im behind. What color scrubs are you guys buying? and how are those who are out of state getting logos on them? are you mailing the scrubs to the stores in Baton Rouge? 

also, if anyone's looking for a roommate please message me 😃  and for those who live by or in Baton Rouge, can you recommend some apartments?

Edited by pa5991

27 minutes ago, pa5991 said:

wow i feel like im behind. What color scrubs are you guys buying? and how are those who are out of state getting logos on them? are you mailing the scrubs to the stores in Baton Rouge? 

also, if anyone's looking for a roommate please message me 😃  and for those who live by or in Baton Rouge, can you recommend some apartments?

Don't feel behind because they haven't sent us any additional info, this was just from the school's website. They had additional supplies pdf under the cost of the program for the things we will need. The scrub color is navy blue.  I live in near Baton Rouge so I went to the store directly to buy them.  I'm sure if you know the scrub size and brand that you prefer then you could call them and order it straight from them and they could put the logo on there for you.

21 minutes ago, Sprocket247 said:

Don't feel behind because they haven't sent us any additional info, this was just from the school's website. They had additional supplies pdf under the cost of the program for the things we will need. The scrub color is navy blue.  I live in near Baton Rouge so I went to the store directly to buy them.  I'm sure if you know the scrub size and brand that you prefer then you could call them and order it straight from them and they could put the logo on there for you.

Okay good. That makes me feel a little better. 
Thank you for the info! 

1 hour ago, kd804 said:

It’d be a great idea to start a groupme!!

For anyone that has been accepted into the program I started a group me its called "Cohort of 2022".  If you would like to join the group the URL is https://groupme.com/join_group/54634480/hf3rKtFG.  This will give us a chance to get to know one another before school actually starts! (: