12 hours ago, aumi02 said:

Has anyone submitted their application in July? Were you invited to an interview, yet?

I submitted July 7 and was invited to an August interview.

FranU is done with interviews for this application cycle unfortunately.

They held interviews on:

June 24

July 26

August 19

August 23

They started using rolling admissions this year which greatly expedited the timeline 

Edited by FuturePa1985
  • Like 1

Thank you for letting me know! I checked with the school and it turns out I was invited to the August 19th interview, but I never received the email 😕

1 hour ago, aumi02 said:

Thank you for letting me know! I checked with the school and it turns out I was invited to the August 19th interview, but I never received the email 😕

That breaks my heart!!!  So sorry that happened :(

Also, FranU just sent out admission decision emails!

Edited by FuturePa1985

1 minute ago, lgfraz said:

I was at the 08/23 interview! I received my email today stating I was on the waitlist!! 

I am from the July 26 interview and I also got an email that I am on the alternate list. 

31 minutes ago, ajpuckett said:

What’s the chance of getting in from the waitlist?

Chances are good.  3/3 students that were at the 8/19 student panel were all waitlisted & got in.  I’m also waitlisted.  Good luck to all!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, a0511z said:

Chances are good.  3/3 students that were at the 8/19 student panel were all waitlisted & got in.  I’m also waitlisted.  Good luck to all!

That is encouraging. Good luck to you!

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know how many people are usually on the waitlist? It wasn’t disclosed at the 8/19 interview, not sure if they mentioned it at any others. Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, knc8102 said:

Does anyone know how many people are usually on the waitlist? It wasn’t disclosed at the 8/19 interview, not sure if they mentioned it at any others. Thanks in advance!

I think everyone who interviewed gets puts on the waitlist (unless you were accepted). So rejections don’t get sent out until the class is full. 

• Like 1

I interviewed August 23 ! And I received my acceptance letter email ! I almost missed it but I saw this forum ! I’m so excited to meet everyone and begin this journey ! Good luck ! 

Hey everyone! 

I was accepted and now looking at apartments in Baton Rouge. I was wondering if anyone was looking for a roommate/ wanted to get an apartment together? Let me know! (I'm a female)

Has anyone that has been accepted and already paid their deposit heard back from the program since? Like some kind of confirmation that they received your money and application form?

@PA2595 reapplicant here— I’ve never heard that they’ve done that before. Last cycle, I received a rejection following my interview, this year I was added to the alternate list. Has anyone else heard that they aren’t sending rejections this cycle? Or has anyone heard of anyone receiving a rejection email? 

I know for their early admissions this cycle they did not initially send out rejections, instead they just added early admissions applicants to the regular admissions people. 

1 hour ago, lgfraz said:

@PA2595 reapplicant here— I’ve never heard that they’ve done that before. Last cycle, I received a rejection following my interview, this year I was added to the alternate list. Has anyone else heard that they aren’t sending rejections this cycle? Or has anyone heard of anyone receiving a rejection email? 

I know for their early admissions this cycle they did not initially send out rejections, instead they just added early admissions applicants to the regular admissions people. 

During my interview, the students told me thats what they were doing this year. Putting everyone on the wait list (unless you’ve been accepted) and then not sending out rejections until the class is full. So pulling people off the wait list and whoever doesn’t get pulled off gets a rejection. Idk how accurate this is but this is what the current students told me during my interview that they were doing. 

1 hour ago, BJayroe said:

Has anyone that has been accepted and already paid their deposit heard back from the program since? Like some kind of confirmation that they received your money and application form?

I haven’t heard anything. I’m sure you can email Lisa though for confirmation 

1 hour ago, Sprocket247 said:

@lgfraz they have sent out rejection letters after they went through the waitlist.

Do you mean they sent out rejection letters last year or this year?

Do you (or anyone else) personally know of anyone receiving a rejection letter this cycle?