Thought I'd start one. Submited 2 weeks ago. Good luck everyone!

Edited by sierra117
wrong word

no interview but if anyone's curious, those from last year's cycle didnt interview until October. We're still good!

Hello! I am in the 2021 class at Red Rocks and went through the interview process last December. Just wanted to point out that there are two campuses for RRCC. The PA program is located in Arvada and the main campus is located in Lakewood. Make sure you double check where the interview is specifically before making hotel reservations. I am not sure how often I will be able to jump on this forum, but I will try my best to respond to any unanswered questions. Congrats on starting the application process! Best of luck to everyone 🙂

• Like 3

Getting so antsy! Heard back from other schools and this is one of my top schools! Hoping to hear soon!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Congratulations to those who have received an invitation to interview! I am wait-listed for an interview. Hoping to be able to join you guys soon! This program is definitely my first choice, so fingers crossed!

• Like 1

I received an interview yesterday as well! Anyone else bummed about the Welcome Reception being on Tuesday night? Signed up for my interview on Monday and need to leave before it. Looking forward to meeting some of you on 12/9!

Is anyone able to provide insight as to why the number of first-time PANCE test takers is so different from the number of students in the class? It seems like every other year only 28 people take the PANCE for the first time, but there are supposed to be 32 people in the class. I am also wondering why their PANCE pass rate was so low prior to 2017. What is the academic environment and support like?

I'm coming from California and debating whether or not to attend the interview. I have an acceptance at another program which starts in January and I was planning on traveling internationally during the interview dates. Essentially, I would be trading traveling for this interview, and I guess I am trying to see if it is "worth it." 

On 11/5/2019 at 8:22 PM, Patrashacct said:

Is anyone able to provide insight as to why the number of first-time PANCE test takers is so different from the number of students in the class? It seems like every other year only 28 people take the PANCE for the first time, but there are supposed to be 32 people in the class. I am also wondering why their PANCE pass rate was so low prior to 2017. What is the academic environment and support like?

I'm coming from California and debating whether or not to attend the interview. I have an acceptance at another program which starts in January and I was planning on traveling internationally during the interview dates. Essentially, I would be trading traveling for this interview, and I guess I am trying to see if it is "worth it." 

Unless you really don't like the program you've been accepted to, it wouldn't make sense to attend the RRCC interview. First, the cost of going to the interview would be at least $300 from California including flights, hotel stays, uber, food, etc. Then, you might not even hear back from RRCC (accepted, denied or wait listed) by the time your January start date rolls around. You know what they say, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Lastly, if you chose RRCC over the first program your start date would be pushed back like 9 months. That's 9 more months of waiting to make your dream happen.

That's my advice but at the end of the day, you have to follow your heart.

Got taken off wait list to interview! So excited for this opportunity. Anyone attending the Welcome Reception? I will be there! Looking forward to meeting everyone!