Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 9/18/2019 at 3:21 PM, StreetbikeTy said:

I also was accepted yesterday! For those still interviewing good luck! For those who have been accepted, I look forward to meeting you all! I´m curious, what interview session did you all attend? I was there in the morning!

I was in the afternoon sesh. 🙂 Anyone else accepted from the 9/13 afternoon group? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on the hold list from the 9/13 interview. Wishing you all the best of luck! Crossing fingers that I'll be accepted from the waitlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all!! 

Has anyone interviewed at Shenandoah or can anyone compare Shenandoah with Radford?  I accepted my seat at Radford/paid my deposit and have received an interview at Shenandoah for next month .... Wondering if anyone has any insight to which program is better or the pros/cons of each. Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to everyone getting interviews and acceptances!

I have an interview on Nov 8th and I'm so excited! Is there any advice anyone can give on preparation for it? I know that too much can't be given away but any little detail could help!

Thanks so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 4:44 PM, youngbreezy said:

Hey all!! 

Has anyone interviewed at Shenandoah or can anyone compare Shenandoah with Radford?  I accepted my seat at Radford/paid my deposit and have received an interview at Shenandoah for next month .... Wondering if anyone has any insight to which program is better or the pros/cons of each. Thanks! 

Last summer I toured both schools to get a feel for them. Jefferson (now Radford) was so accommodating and helpful while Shenandoah gave me a different vibe. The gal that I toured with at Shenandoah didn't seem like she wanted to be there and we walked down a hallway and she was like "well, this is it." Not a good first impression in my book. Needless to say Radford excelled with its program while shenandoah fell flat. This was just the feeling I had, and maybe they've improved since then. Just thought I'd share my two cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2019 at 9:22 PM, BJT22 said:

Last summer I toured both schools to get a feel for them. Jefferson (now Radford) was so accommodating and helpful while Shenandoah gave me a different vibe. The gal that I toured with at Shenandoah didn't seem like she wanted to be there and we walked down a hallway and she was like "well, this is it." Not a good first impression in my book. Needless to say Radford excelled with its program while shenandoah fell flat. This was just the feeling I had, and maybe they've improved since then. Just thought I'd share my two cents.

 @youngbreezy @BJT22 Just to add to this, Shenandoah's program does a lot of their core PA classes online that are taught by adjunct faculty. Most of the classes are self paced as well. I have a friend that went there for a year and then dropped out and ended up somewhere else because she hated it so much. Again this could just be one persons opinion but it really turned me off to Shenandoah's program.

Edited by futurepahokie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, futurepahokie said:

 @youngbreezy @BJT22 Just to add to this, Shenandoah's program does a lot of their core PA classes online that are taught by adjunct faculty. Most of the classes are self paced as well. I have a friend that went there for a year and then dropped out and ended up somewhere else because she hated it so much. Again this could just be one persons opinion but it really turned me off to Shenandoah's program.

Yikes! I didn't know they had online core classes. Thanks for letting me know! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys know if this program send out rejection letter or after interviews are over? I applied beginning of the cycle and still haven't heard anything.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 9:09 PM, nhpa2019 said:

Hello everyone, I am also interviewing on 11/8! Anyone else coming from out of state/another city??

I am coming in from Asheville, NC! I am in the afternoon session.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 8:28 PM, AbbieO said:

I am coming in from Asheville, NC! I am in the afternoon session.

I am also in the afternoon session and coming from Charlotte, NC 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me what to expect on the day of the interview? How long we should expect to be there, the interview style, if there was an information session/ tour of the campus, etc? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nhpa2019 said:

Can anyone tell me what to expect on the day of the interview? How long we should expect to be there, the interview style, if there was an information session/ tour of the campus, etc? 

Hello, I am a current first year student. You should plan to be there about 4 hours. There is an individual interview, a group interview, and a tour scheduled. There is also a short information session.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sabinbear said:

Got a phone call today inviting me for an interview but I've been accepted elsewhere. Hope one of you all get this chance! Good luck!

Congrats on your acceptance! When you submitted your application? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 4:46 PM, KhloeRose said:

Congrats on your acceptance! When you submitted your application? 

Kind of late actually! I believe it was in August! Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 11:45 PM, sylee2816 said:

I received an email stating that no further interviews would be conducted this fall, but interviews may be conducted in the spring for the August 2020 class.

Has anyone else gotten this email? I haven't gotten anything at all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More