2019-2020 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2019 at 4:44 PM, youngbreezy said:

Hey all!! 

Has anyone interviewed at Shenandoah or can anyone compare Shenandoah with Radford?  I accepted my seat at Radford/paid my deposit and have received an interview at Shenandoah for next month .... Wondering if anyone has any insight to which program is better or the pros/cons of each. Thanks! 

Last summer I toured both schools to get a feel for them. Jefferson (now Radford) was so accommodating and helpful while Shenandoah gave me a different vibe. The gal that I toured with at Shenandoah didn't seem like she wanted to be there and we walked down a hallway and she was like "well, this is it." Not a good first impression in my book. Needless to say Radford excelled with its program while shenandoah fell flat. This was just the feeling I had, and maybe they've improved since then. Just thought I'd share my two cents.

On 10/17/2019 at 9:22 PM, BJT22 said:

Last summer I toured both schools to get a feel for them. Jefferson (now Radford) was so accommodating and helpful while Shenandoah gave me a different vibe. The gal that I toured with at Shenandoah didn't seem like she wanted to be there and we walked down a hallway and she was like "well, this is it." Not a good first impression in my book. Needless to say Radford excelled with its program while shenandoah fell flat. This was just the feeling I had, and maybe they've improved since then. Just thought I'd share my two cents.

@youngbreezy @BJT22 Just to add to this, Shenandoah's program does a lot of their core PA classes online that are taught by adjunct faculty. Most of the classes are self paced as well. I have a friend that went there for a year and then dropped out and ended up somewhere else because she hated it so much. Again this could just be one persons opinion but it really turned me off to Shenandoah's program.

Edited by futurepahokie

9 minutes ago, futurepahokie said:

@youngbreezy @BJT22 Just to add to this, Shenandoah's program does a lot of their core PA classes online that are taught by adjunct faculty. Most of the classes are self paced as well. I have a friend that went there for a year and then dropped out and ended up somewhere else because she hated it so much. Again this could just be one persons opinion but it really turned me off to Shenandoah's program.

Yikes! I didn't know they had online core classes. Thanks for letting me know! 

4 hours ago, nhpa2019 said:

Can anyone tell me what to expect on the day of the interview? How long we should expect to be there, the interview style, if there was an information session/ tour of the campus, etc? 

Hello, I am a current first year student. You should plan to be there about 4 hours. There is an individual interview, a group interview, and a tour scheduled. There is also a short information session.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...