2019-2020 Application Cycle

Hey guys! I'd like to let you know a little about my interview experience at Mary Baldwin University.

When speaking to all of us, the director of academics asked where the people who lived far away were from. He then joked and said, "We even let someone come interview here from Jersey." Later, during my one-on-one interview with him, I noticed he actually was passive-aggressive towards myself, based on where I was from. Most of my interview consisted of why I "actually want" to go to this school, and how it will be nothing like where I'm from, after laughing at my answer as to why I wanted to attend Mary Baldwin's PA program specifically. This was the most uncomfortable interview I have experienced yet. My interview focused less on questions pertaining to PA school, and more on where I was from. With that being said, my first interview went great! So, I guess it can depend on which faculty member you are assigned to interview with that can determine your judgement on this school, which really sucks. I wish everyone the best of luck who wants to attend this school, but also just wanted to give a heads up to those who may have not conversed with this faculty member- Very unprofessional. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

@Pidita95  Hi friend, Sorry for the wait, I've been putting in the overtime. One applicant created a facebook group, but no conversations on it yet. I think the school will be creating one as well, but no idea on the timeline for that. So far they have been requesting to share our emails with other accepted students. 

I will message you and see if I can get you added to the current group. 

On 9/13/2019 at 8:22 PM, Sabinbear said:

Hi all! I got pulled off waitlist today! Don't give up hope! Looking forward to meeting all you that I will be spending the next 2+ years with! 

Congratulations!

Is it normal for a program to take people off the waitlist even if they have not completed all their interview dates?

5 hours ago, fowleali said:

Hi everyone!

I have an interview for Friday, October 25th. I'm very nervous. If anyone has any tips for me I'd love to hear them!

Congrats to everyone accepted from earlier interviews!

Good luck! I am also interviewing on the 25th. I have heard that the interview is not that bad and it is pretty laid back

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I had my interview last Friday and I think they will get back to us in the coming days. Does anyone know the total number of people already accepted? I heard that some people got taken off the waitlist even before we had our interview.

I interviewed in August. I believe they said that they take 10 from each round of interviews. There is a waitlist and I think they downsized it prior to your interview round. People have been pulled off the waitlist to accepted when accepted students decline or give up their seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...