7 minutes ago, RSkillen said:

I received the email that I was accepted!

thanks for your posts Sarah and Kindra

Congrats to all accepted and to those who made the wait list!

I was impressed by everyone who interviewed, good luck everybody! We’re still early in the app cycle.

It was great meeting you this past weekend. I'm glad you got accepted! You deserve it!

Congratulations to those accepted/wait listed! Do you guys mind sharing what your gpa and pce statistics were like? 

2 hours ago, PAgirl5 said:

Congratulations to those accepted/wait listed! Do you guys mind sharing what your gpa and pce statistics were like? 

Sure! I was accepted. GPA was 3.5 cumulative and 3.6 science. I had ~2000 PCE, ~500 HCE, and volunteer probably ~500. Hope that helps 🙂

13 hours ago, kioconnor said:

Sure! I was accepted. GPA was 3.5 cumulative and 3.6 science. I had ~2000 PCE, ~500 HCE, and volunteer probably ~500. Hope that helps 🙂

Thank you, congrats again!!

• Like 1

hi everyone! I had received an email that I got waitlisted about a week ago so I'm excited for the potential opportunity to be there as a student as well. Good luck on everything else!

Interviewing August 24! Down to get dinner in Staunton the night before, if there's no plans yet!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Macon said:

Interviewing August 24! Down to get dinner in Staunton the night before, if there's no plans yet!

Hello! 

I am also interviewing on August 24th! I will be driving from Michigan on the 23rd! Down for dinner that night! 

Also, congratulations to those who got accepted and got wait listed! Can you guys tell us a little more about the interview process? What should we look out for? How should we prepare? 

Thank you in advance! 

2 hours ago, Pidita95 said:

Hello! 

I am also interviewing on August 24th! I will be driving from Michigan on the 23rd! Down for dinner that night! 

Also, congratulations to those who got accepted and got wait listed! Can you guys tell us a little more about the interview process? What should we look out for? How should we prepare? 

Thank you in advance! 

The interviews are 2 one-on-one with faculty and very laid back.  I was under the impression they were already very familiar with you as an applicant and wanted to get to know you better and if you would be a good fit for the program.  I've had two interviews this cycle and this one by far was the most relaxed and the most comfortable I felt.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Hey everyone! I'm driving up from NC for an interview on the 24th - would anyone else in this interview group be interested in meeting up for dinner this Friday (the 23rd) at the Mill Street Grill, maybe around 6ish? It'd be fun to meet others in the group! I'm not dead set on the restaurant or anything, but according to google this one looked like a good option.

Also, congratulations on those who have been accepted!! That's so exciting!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sfreeman said:

Hey everyone! I'm driving up from NC for an interview on the 24th - would anyone else in this interview group be interested in meeting up for dinner this Friday (the 23rd) at the Mill Street Grill, maybe around 6ish? It'd be fun to meet others in the group! I'm not dead set on the restaurant or anything, but according to google this one looked like a good option.

Good plan, I'm in!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sfreeman said:

I'd like to but I'm flying in and I won't be in until 9. Have fun!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sfreeman said:

I'll be driving up after work on Friday, but assuming it's a short day I should be able to make it there by 6pm!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sfreeman said:

I also have an interview for the 24th, but due to a work meeting, I won't be in Staunton until 8-9pm. I am staying in the Hampton Inn in Fishersville. Congrats to all that got accepted and good luck to everyone! I am very excited to meet you all.

For the people interviewing on the 24th should we make a group message to decide on a time and place that everyone that wants to meet for dinner can join in?

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, futurepahokie said:

For the people interviewing on the 24th should we make a group message to decide on a time and place that everyone that wants to meet for dinner can join in?

Sure! What's the best way to start a group message from this forum?

25 minutes ago, Sfreeman said:

Sure! What's the best way to start a group message from this forum?

Yes! Let’s start a group chat! I am on my way from Michigan! 

I am not really sure if we can start a group message but I am so down to meet at the Mill Street Grill around 6 ish too! If we can't start a group thing, we can just meet there and just update each other here. Excited to see y'all! 

Edited by dancequeen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pidita95 said:

Will you guys still be there at 8pm? I won’t be arriving until 7:30pm 

It kinda sounds like there's a group that can meet at 6, and some other people that can meet closer to 7-8ish. Maybe we can just make it a meeting spot and people can come in when they can? I'm still probably gonna arrive right after 6 though but I'm down to hang out until whenever

• Like 1