2019-2020 Application Cycle

Guest SOSO19
12 minutes ago, kioconnor said:

Can you do group messages on here? 

I'm in C'ville... maybe we can think of somewhere we could all meet up?

Of course! 

Just received an email invite for interview on August 24th!! Anybody else interviewing during this weekend? I'll be coming from Colorado, so outside of the interview I will likely spend the weekend sightseeing if anybody from the area has any recommendations? How did the interviews go for those of you who mentioned you had them on 8/3? 

• Like 2

Guest SOSO19
On 7/16/2019 at 1:05 AM, camillehuckaby said:

Just received an email invite for interview on August 24th!! Anybody else interviewing during this weekend? I'll be coming from Colorado, so outside of the interview I will likely spend the weekend sightseeing if anybody from the area has any recommendations? How did the interviews go for those of you who mentioned you had them on 8/3? 

Congratulations on your interview! It's still 07/17 so we haven't had our interviews yet (first interview session will be held on 08/03). Good luck!

On 7/16/2019 at 1:05 AM, camillehuckaby said:

I'm also interviewing on August 24th!! I'll be driving up from NC that Friday - I'm so excited! If there are other people, we should all meet up for dinner the night before or something

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, emmaidk said:

Does anyone have any information regarding why the program is on probation? I see it listed on the site but cannot find specific reasons.

I couldn't find the reasoning either, but I'm sure they will talk to us about the probation status on interview day.

Guest SOSO19
59 minutes ago, emmaidk said:

Does anyone have any information regarding why the program is on probation? I see it listed on the site but cannot find specific reasons.

I was told the probation status is due to administrative issues and not educational (former director failed to submit some sort of documentations?). I found this information on the ARC-PA's website, link is down below:

http://www.arc-pa.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Accreditation-History-Mary-Baldwin-U-233.pdf

On 7/17/2019 at 8:37 PM, Sfreeman said:

I'm also interviewing on August 24th!! I'll be driving up from NC that Friday - I'm so excited! If there are other people, we should all meet up for dinner the night before or something

I will also be interviewing on August 24th! I am flying from oversees, cutting my vacation a little short! This is my first interview so i am very excited! 

1 hour ago, hjohnson019 said:

For those that interview on the 3rd, did we come up with a dinner location yet? Just making sure I didn't miss it or something! haha 

Yes, we did. We agreed to meet at The Market Street Garage - 550 East Market Street, Charlottesville VA 2209 @ 6pm. If anyone wants to come, then, please join us! 

I will be staying at the Hampton Inn, if anyone wants to go together 😊

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Hi everybody. I will be starting my drive from Atlanta, GA in a few hours. I'm planning on exploring everything around Staunton. It's going to be raining on and off, but I'd like to get some hiking in. If anyone has recommendations on small trails in the area I'd really appreciate it. Good night and good luck everyone!

8 hours ago, RSkillen said:

Hi everybody. I will be starting my drive from Atlanta, GA in a few hours. I'm planning on exploring everything around Staunton. It's going to be raining on and off, but I'd like to get some hiking in. If anyone has recommendations on small trails in the area I'd really appreciate it. Good night and good luck everyone!

Montbello has some nice trails, I did Spy Rock this weekend and it goes on part of the Appalachian trail... really pretty view at the top. Crabtree Falls is another popular one- you hike next to a waterfall for most of it. If you have time to go to C'Ville I would recommend that as well- it is the closest "city" nearby and there's a lot to do. You'll see the downtown mall if you come to dinner tomorrow, but there is a lot more to explore too! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest SOSO19
9 hours ago, RSkillen said:

Hi, safe travels to you. Kioconnor has some excellent recommendations!